Bunwell line up
Bunwell Ladies started their campaign for the 2009/10 season with an away fixture against Bungay Town Ladies. Despite being entered in the NWGL seven-a-side, they agreed to play in an eleven a side fixture.
Bunwell Ladies started their campaign for the 2009/10 season with an away fixture against Bungay Town Ladies.
Despite being entered in the NWGL seven-a-side, they agreed to play in an eleven a side fixture.
Bunwell, sponsored by Chapelfield Veterinary Surgery of Long Stratton and wearing their new team strip, played a committed and enthusiastic match against experienced opponents.
The game went mainly the way of Bungay, who were 5-1 to the good at half-time. The Bunwell goal was a well taken effort from Lucy Kean mid-way through the half.
You may also want to watch:
Player of the match was Cara Skinner (pic attached) who excelled in goal and brought off some fantastic saves throughout the match and kept the team motivated in front of a large crowd.
Bunwell did not let their heads down and did the club proud, battling well until the final whistle.
- 1 City lodge complaint to EFL over match officials conduct during Luton Town defeat
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Sheffield Wednesday - Pukki and Emi fit
- 3 'He is a very understated person' - Pulis relishing Farke reunion at Carrow Road
- 4 What do the new Brexit rules mean for Norwich City?
- 5 Iwan Roberts: I've never seen an injury crisis like Norwich City's before
- 6 Farke's fan plea ahead of Carrow Rd return
- 7 Norwich City able to access £8.33m loan after Premier League agree EFL bailout
- 8 'We need to adapt' - Skipp keen to share the goals around in Pukki's absence
- 9 Paddy's Pointers: Luton Town 3 Canaries 1
- 10 Paddy Davitt: City player ratings against Luton Town
The second half saw more goals from both sides, Amy Honey netting two following some good football and a period of constant Bunwell pressure. Cara Skinner continued to work heroics in goal and the game was played in good spirit.
Final score Bungay Town Ladies 11, Bunwell FC 3.