Bunwell line up
Bunwell Ladies started their campaign for the 2009/10 season with an away fixture against Bungay Town Ladies. Despite being entered in the NWGL seven-a-side, they agreed to play in an eleven a side fixture.
Bunwell Ladies started their campaign for the 2009/10 season with an away fixture against Bungay Town Ladies.
Despite being entered in the NWGL seven-a-side, they agreed to play in an eleven a side fixture.
Bunwell, sponsored by Chapelfield Veterinary Surgery of Long Stratton and wearing their new team strip, played a committed and enthusiastic match against experienced opponents.
The game went mainly the way of Bungay, who were 5-1 to the good at half-time. The Bunwell goal was a well taken effort from Lucy Kean mid-way through the half.
You may also want to watch:
Player of the match was Cara Skinner (pic attached) who excelled in goal and brought off some fantastic saves throughout the match and kept the team motivated in front of a large crowd.
Bunwell did not let their heads down and did the club proud, battling well until the final whistle.
- 1 Paddy Davitt verdict: Wazza and City's great leap forward
- 2 Ex-City star Murphy boosts hopes of new deal
- 3 Former City loanee set for new deal at Borussia Dortmund
- 4 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 5 'I don't want the season to end' - City ace hitting top form
- 6 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 7 Six things you might have missed after City's win at Derby
- 8 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
- 9 Chris Goreham: No-one should question just how good City have been
- 10 City Q&A: One down. One to go
The second half saw more goals from both sides, Amy Honey netting two following some good football and a period of constant Bunwell pressure. Cara Skinner continued to work heroics in goal and the game was played in good spirit.
Final score Bungay Town Ladies 11, Bunwell FC 3.