Bury sack Casper and Alexander
Norwich City's FA Cup opponents Bury have sacked manager Chris Casper and director of football Keith Alexander. The club's board of directors issued a statement saying that the management duo had “lost the confidence” of supporters.
Norwich City's FA Cup opponents Bury have sacked manager Chris Casper and director of football Keith Alexander.
The club's board of directors issued a statement saying that the management duo had “lost the confidence” of supporters.
The statement read: “The board of directors at Bury FC have today terminated the contracts of Chris Casper and Keith Alexander with immediate effect.
“This decision has come at a difficult time for the club but it was felt that the decision had to be taken earlier, rather than later.
You may also want to watch:
“Unfortunately the management team of Chris Casper and Keith Alexander has lost the confidence of a large majority of the fans, and the directors have taken this decision for the benefit of Bury FC.
“The board of directors would like to thank Chris Casper and Keith Alexander for their efforts in taking the club forward.”
- 1 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 2 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 3 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 4 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 6 City lose Giannoulis appeal; three-game ban stands
- 7 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 8 Pressure on Hornets for title-hunting City
- 9 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 10 Norwich City v Watford: everything you need to know
The Canaries travel to Bury on Tuesday night for their FA Cup third round replay.