City loan export’s season set to be cancelled due to coronavirus pandemic
- Credit: Norwich City FC
Norwich City loan export Rocky Bushiri is set to see his season in Belgium cancelled due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The 20-year-old is currently on loan to Belgian Pro League side Sint-Truiden and has played seven games since returning to his native country back in January.
Bushiri spent the first half of the campaign on loan to League One side Blackpool but failed to cement a starting berth under then boss Simon Grayson.
Sint-Truiden sit 12th in the division, 13 points above the relegation position.
The Belgian top flight only had one fixture remaining and Club Bruges will be declared champions with the current league table set to stand. The league leaders sit 15 points clear of second-placed Gent. Relegation and promotion is decided by play-offs, but a working group will now decide those issues.
You may also want to watch:
In a statement, the league said: “The board of directors unanimously decided that it was not desirable, whatever the scenario envisaged, to continue the competition after 30 June.”
- 1 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 2 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 3 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Derby County win
- 6 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
- 7 'Champagne on ice' - City set for Carrow Road celebration next week
- 8 'We showed Norwich too much respect' - Rooney on Rams' reverse
- 9 Paddy Davitt verdict: Wazza and City's great leap forward
- 10 ‘Ninety points is usually enough’ - Dowell buzzing for City’s big day