City loan export’s season set to be cancelled due to coronavirus pandemic
- Credit: Norwich City FC
Norwich City loan export Rocky Bushiri is set to see his season in Belgium cancelled due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The 20-year-old is currently on loan to Belgian Pro League side Sint-Truiden and has played seven games since returning to his native country back in January.
Bushiri spent the first half of the campaign on loan to League One side Blackpool but failed to cement a starting berth under then boss Simon Grayson.
Sint-Truiden sit 12th in the division, 13 points above the relegation position.
The Belgian top flight only had one fixture remaining and Club Bruges will be declared champions with the current league table set to stand. The league leaders sit 15 points clear of second-placed Gent. Relegation and promotion is decided by play-offs, but a working group will now decide those issues.
You may also want to watch:
In a statement, the league said: “The board of directors unanimously decided that it was not desirable, whatever the scenario envisaged, to continue the competition after 30 June.”
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 3 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 4 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 5 Rupp set for FA Cup recall
- 6 February fixture changes for Canaries
- 7 Robin Sainty: Farke has taken City to a whole new level
- 8 Ton up Tim is wonderful for Farke
- 9 MATCHDAY LIVE: Canaries take on Barnsley in FA Cup
- 10 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe