Bushiri to continue loan development in Belgium - reports
- Credit: Norwich City FC
Rocky Bushiri will continue his development on-loan in Belgium next season, according to reports in his native country.
The 20-year-old joined Norwich City from KV Oostende last summer, before immediately linking up with League One side Blackpool.
Limited game time in League One saw City recall the defender and Bushiri shortly returned to Belgium to sign for Sint-Truiden, who are now managed by former Wolverhampton Wanderers defender Kevin Muscat.
Bushiri made seven appearances in the top-flight for De Kanaries, and has continued training in his native country throughout the coronavirus pandemic.
Belgian outlet Het Belang van Limburg are reporting that City had reached an agreement with Sint-Truiden for a further season’s extension on the current deal - only for it to be hijacked by KV Mechelen.
You may also want to watch:
The report suggests that KV Mechelen have agreed personal terms with the Belgian Under-21 international in a loan deal which will see him link up with Wouter Vrancken’s side next season.
Mechelen finished 6th in the Pro League last season - above both Genk and Anderlecht, nine points separated them and the European qualification places.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 4 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 5 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 6 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 7 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work
- 8 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 9 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 10 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain