Business as usual at the top of the table
It was business as usual at the top of the Slater & Frith Division One with leaders Gimingham again notching up a win with Glen Thurston claiming a brace and Graham Turner also netting in their 3-1 success over North Walsham ‘A’.
Second-placed Coltishall hit eight without reply at home to Briston, and Runton travelled to Ludham scoring five times with their hosts netting three.
There were goals galore at Aldborough Green, with Lions hitting seven and their visitors Hickling finding the net three times.
Corpusty’s veteran substitute Simon Williams denied East Ruston all three points with a last gasp equaliser cancelling out an Ash Wilton strike, the game ending one apiece. Horning were 7-0 winners at North Walsham Old Boys.
Worstead dropped vital points at the top of Wayford Nurseries Division Two when they were held to a 3-3 draw by Buxton Reserves.
You may also want to watch:
Haisboro Athletic, with games in hand, moved in closer thanks to a 6-0 home win over Corpusty Reserves with Alan Maxwell notching a hat-trick,
Third-placed Aylsham ‘A’ at home to Felmingham were also amongst the goals scoring seven times with their visitors replying once.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 4 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 5 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 6 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 7 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work
- 10 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
The top two in the Knights Trophies Division Three, Blakeney and Cawston, met at Blakeney’s ground and it was the hosts who took the honours thanks to a brace from Toby Blowers and one from Mark Sadler recording a 3-0 success. As a result of this win Blakeney now go three points clear at the top having played a game less.
There were home wins for Glaven Valley 7-2 over East Ruston Reserves and Holt Colt 3-2 over Mundesley Reserves, whilst Sutton Rangers won 4-0 at Erpingham Reserves.