Business as usual at the top of the table
It was business as usual at the top of the Slater & Frith Division One with leaders Gimingham again notching up a win with Glen Thurston claiming a brace and Graham Turner also netting in their 3-1 success over North Walsham ‘A’.
Second-placed Coltishall hit eight without reply at home to Briston, and Runton travelled to Ludham scoring five times with their hosts netting three.
There were goals galore at Aldborough Green, with Lions hitting seven and their visitors Hickling finding the net three times.
Corpusty’s veteran substitute Simon Williams denied East Ruston all three points with a last gasp equaliser cancelling out an Ash Wilton strike, the game ending one apiece. Horning were 7-0 winners at North Walsham Old Boys.
Worstead dropped vital points at the top of Wayford Nurseries Division Two when they were held to a 3-3 draw by Buxton Reserves.
You may also want to watch:
Haisboro Athletic, with games in hand, moved in closer thanks to a 6-0 home win over Corpusty Reserves with Alan Maxwell notching a hat-trick,
Third-placed Aylsham ‘A’ at home to Felmingham were also amongst the goals scoring seven times with their visitors replying once.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 4 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 5 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 6 February fixture changes for Canaries
- 7 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 10 Morris hopes to have found a 'home' after leaving Norwich City for Barnsley
The top two in the Knights Trophies Division Three, Blakeney and Cawston, met at Blakeney’s ground and it was the hosts who took the honours thanks to a brace from Toby Blowers and one from Mark Sadler recording a 3-0 success. As a result of this win Blakeney now go three points clear at the top having played a game less.
There were home wins for Glaven Valley 7-2 over East Ruston Reserves and Holt Colt 3-2 over Mundesley Reserves, whilst Sutton Rangers won 4-0 at Erpingham Reserves.