Busmen just the ticket

They say that a week is a long time in football, and that certainly proved to be the case for Norwich Busmen. After going down 7-1 at Dog House last week, they bounced back seven days later to defeat Premier leaders The Grove 3-0.

Shaun Swatman scored twice and Andy Hamby added the third for Busmen, whose goalkeeper Mark Trett pulled off several outstanding saves. AFC Wanderers and Dog House stay in third and fourth spots respectively as they drew 1-1 at Eaton Park. John Curtis had put the visitors ahead before Luke Tuttle equalised.

Acle Rangers are up to fifth after a 2-0 home win over Hellesdon Athletic and there was a good 5-1 victory for Reepham over Wymondham Rangers. Unicorns won 2-1 at Aylsham Sunday and the visitors took the time to call, describing the performance of referee Mike Holmes, as the best they have had this season.

Mick Baker grabbed a hat trick, Dean Kelf scored twice, and Danny Howells and Olly Forkes also found the net as 1A leaders Fiveways won 7-2 at North Walsham. It was a good day for the leaders as second placed Vale Longo were held to a 1-1 (Pete Crowley) draw by Norman Wanderers and third placed Dussindale Rovers were thumped 5-0 by an Aslacton side claiming its first win of the season.

The Castlegate had a 3-0 (Aaron Roberts, Ben Drummee, Steve Beck) home win over Hainford YCOB, whilst Windmill Wanderers scored five without reply at Horsford SC. There was a Ronny Qoopre de Barra double as Eaton FC were 4-2 winners over The Otter, Simon Brett and Jon Soderberg were also on target. In 1B Sprowston Rovers overcame Sprowston Wanderers by 2-0 and are now two points clear of Bayer FC, who put six past Catton. Prince of Denmark won by the odd goal of five (Chris Holmes 2, Ben Lewis) as they beat Spixworth and Haig FC were 2-0 (Lewis Turner, Mick Reynolds) winners at home to Norfolk CCSC. Damon Brown and Ashley Davies were on target as Earlham Utd beat St Faiths 2-1.

Hockering remain top of 2A, after a 3-1 home win over The Stores, whilst second placed DCS Rapid grabbed a point (Nick Williamson) in a 1-1 at Sprowston Sunday. Amos Bailey 3, Chris Collins, Chris Everett, Lee Greengrass were the scorers as a Green Man side, at full strength for the first time this season, won 6-3 at Normans Reserves, and there were goals for Calvin Butler 2, Carl Sturman, Lewis McKerell 2, Mark Quinsey and Jonathan Oakley as Deopham won 7-3 at Stoke FC.

Moles Rest are the new leaders of 2B. As they were beating Sporting Farmhouse 3-1, previous leaders Heartsease FC were going down 5-2 at PL Rangers. Jordan Rocastle was the man who did most of the damage, scoring four times, making it thirty two for the season already. Jack Ainsley also found the net for Rangers and Kyle Appleton and Chris Parnell for Heartsease in a game where both sides were praised for playing great football.

Most Read

Clive Riches (2) and Paul Suggitt scored for third placed Maid Marian as they won 3-0 at Ribs Rovers, whilst Poringland Reserves, with Luke Casey outstanding at the back, had a 5-2 (Anthony Dooley 2, Craig Mattocks 2, Danny Webster) at Hethersett Athletic. There was a seven goal thriller at Hingham where the home side overcame Hillside OB by the odd goal.

The big game in 3A was at Rackheath where morning leaders New Buckenham travelled to meet Riverside Rovers who beat them 4-2 to replace them at the top. Hellesdon Reserves made it a bad day at the office for Newsman Celtic, by beating them 6-2 and Mad Moose had a 4-1 (Darren Hills, Matt Ladd and og) win over River Garden.

Sporting Longdale grabbed the only goal of the game through Tony Gowing at Dancing Farmers and Aaron Tunaley scored all four as The Reindeer won 4-2 at Caseys Cosmos. Just to prove how tight it is at the bottom of this division, Norman Wanderers A’s 4-1 win at Constable Crusaders saw them rise from eleventh place to seventh.

It wasn’t a great day for the leaders in 3B either. Despite goals from Ronaldo Balde, Nash Makuve and Tobi Amadasun, One Love United went down 4-3 at DEF FC, but sportingly praised their opponents. Kel Haywood scored for second placed Salhouse Rovers as they were held to a 1-1 draw at Briston Wanderers, whilst Sloughbottom Revolution are up to third after a 3-0 (Zach Howe 2, Steve Kelly) victory at Aylsham Reserves.

Taverham United had a good 3-1 win at Bell Inn and Unicorns Reserves also won by the same score at The Gordon. There were six goals and a share of the points as AFC Oak drew at home to Freethorpe. Karl Hayward, Wes Barton and Richard Wood scored for AFC whilst there was a good performance from Sam Brewster in goal for the home side

Phoenix Felthorpe travelled to Sporting Longdale Reserves as morning leaders of 4A, but a Brad Warr goal midway through the second half gave the home side their first victory of the season. That result allowed Bungay Town, 2-0 winners at Temple Bar, to return to the top of the table, followed by Brooke, who had a 2-1 (Sam Page, Joel Hansen) home win over Eaton Young Boys. Whiterose United went down 3-1 at Temples Property and Manor Park recorded a 4-2 home win over William Rovers, Dan Harvey and Max Halliday scoring for the visitors. There was a 3-3 draw in the game between Earlham Colney and Hockering Reserves.

In 4B leaders Drayton put in their best performance of the season, but still went down 3-2 at Schoolhouse, who they described as the best side they had played this season. Sam Lincoln and James Tubb scored for Drayton who also had high praise for referee Andy Mallett whilst Brendan Burke 2 and Joshua Cullington were the Schoolhouse marksmen. William Wanderers stay second after a 4-1 home win over Chapelfield Rovers. There was a hat trick for Jonathan Lamb and goals for Ollie Bell, Nicky Wood and Dale Scarff as Dilham Cross Keys won 6-1 at Spixworth Reserves and Windmill Elite were 2-1 winners over Hethersett Reserves. Costessey Sports Reserves and Wendene Wanderers shared the points in a 3-3 draw.