Butcher targets a promotion hat-trick
The One to Watch this week focuses on the top two in Evening News Copy IT Norwich Sunday League Division 1B where St Faiths take on Sprowston Rovers, the side that knocked them off the top spot last weekend.
With his side inactive, St Faiths manager Martin Butcher watched part of his rivals’ 5-1 win over Earlham Utd and rates them as a young fit side.
“It should be a good game” said Butcher, who says he has his sights on a third successive promotion.
“We made a slow start but are now finding our feet at this higher level.
“The squad gets stronger every season and it would be unfair to single out any individual, but the players have a first-class attitude and I am very pleased with how the season is going.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s not an unrealistic aim to target another promotion and we are also making good progress in the Sunday Senior Cup.”
League leaders Sprowston Rovers are looking forward to the game and secretary Mark Casey says that although he thinks the side are punching above their weight, he would be quite happy if they could stay there.
- 1 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 0-0 draw against Brighton
- 2 'A gem. A manager's dream' - Onel in Warnock's good books
- 3 Paddy Davitt verdict: Farke and his roll of the dice at City
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 0-0 draw against Brighton
- 5 City earn respect from Seagulls' chief Potter
- 6 'Josh is the most disappointed guy in the dressing room' - Farke on fluffed chance
- 7 Aarons backs City striker to recover after 'frustrating' Brighton draw
- 8 Positives for Canaries striker Sargent to focus on after wasting golden chances
- 9 'Two points dropped' - Fans felt City deserved more from Brighton clash
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries set to make January bid for Aberdeen star
“We have had a couple of defeats recently, but I do have to say we had key players missing in both games.”
Adam Willimott has been outstanding this season as has 17-year-old Conor Ferguson in a squad that Casey says is stronger than last season.
The game on Sunday is at Manor Road St Faiths, kick-off 10.30am.