Butcher targets a promotion hat-trick
The One to Watch this week focuses on the top two in Evening News Copy IT Norwich Sunday League Division 1B where St Faiths take on Sprowston Rovers, the side that knocked them off the top spot last weekend.
With his side inactive, St Faiths manager Martin Butcher watched part of his rivals’ 5-1 win over Earlham Utd and rates them as a young fit side.
“It should be a good game” said Butcher, who says he has his sights on a third successive promotion.
“We made a slow start but are now finding our feet at this higher level.
“The squad gets stronger every season and it would be unfair to single out any individual, but the players have a first-class attitude and I am very pleased with how the season is going.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s not an unrealistic aim to target another promotion and we are also making good progress in the Sunday Senior Cup.”
League leaders Sprowston Rovers are looking forward to the game and secretary Mark Casey says that although he thinks the side are punching above their weight, he would be quite happy if they could stay there.
- 1 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 2 City striker seals Swindon loan move; Hugill injury boost
- 3 Cantwell explains why he wears different coloured boots and why City is in his DNA
- 4 'I was knocked for six' - Krul reveals difficulties of his Covid-19 recovery
- 5 City Q&A: Striker light - Your questions answered
- 6 Six things you might have missed following Norwich City's FA Cup exit at Barnsley
- 7 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 9 Di Cunningham: Why City fans are in a class of their own
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: Cup finals aplenty if City seal the deal
“We have had a couple of defeats recently, but I do have to say we had key players missing in both games.”
Adam Willimott has been outstanding this season as has 17-year-old Conor Ferguson in a squad that Casey says is stronger than last season.
The game on Sunday is at Manor Road St Faiths, kick-off 10.30am.