Caister girls celebrate selection
TWO players from a double-winning football team are celebrating their selection for the Norwich City School of Excellence.Chelsie Hurren and Samantha Hunn were two of just four girls selected from over 200 trialists earlier this month.
TWO players from a double-winning football team are celebrating their selection for the Norwich City School of Excellence.
Chelsie Hurren and Samantha Hunn were two of just four girls selected from over 200 trialists earlier this month.
The duo were members of the all-conquering Caister U13 Girls team that completed a league and cup double last season. Defender Chelsie and midfielder Samantha will be playing full time for the School of Excellence next season against the likes of Arsenal, MK Dons and Leicester City.
Chelsie's dad Shane helped coach Caister U13 Girls, who play in the Norfolk and Suffolk Youth League.
He said: “Samantha is a creative midfielder with very good balance who contributes her fair share of goals.
“The defence was the bulwark of the side and Chelsie is very good at reading the game and using her speed to close down players.
- 1 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 2 EXCLUSIVE: The faces behind City's prospective US investment
- 3 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries after Blackburn midfielder
- 4 'That's changed the narrative' - City fans react to news of investment talks
- 5 Webber maps out City transfer strategy
- 6 Norwich City and investment - it's not always been good
- 7 'The focus now has to be on where the club goes from here' - Robin Sainty
- 8 City fans react to controversial Webber interview
- 9 City more together than some think - Webber
- 10 We haven't given up on City - Fans rush to buy tickets for new season
“She is very dedicated, eats, drinks and speaks the sport and is obviously very excited to have been selected.”
Two other team members, Katherine Huggins and Nancy Halloway, were selected for the School of Excellence squad.