Caister girls celebrate selection
TWO players from a double-winning football team are celebrating their selection for the Norwich City School of Excellence.Chelsie Hurren and Samantha Hunn were two of just four girls selected from over 200 trialists earlier this month.
TWO players from a double-winning football team are celebrating their selection for the Norwich City School of Excellence.
Chelsie Hurren and Samantha Hunn were two of just four girls selected from over 200 trialists earlier this month.
The duo were members of the all-conquering Caister U13 Girls team that completed a league and cup double last season. Defender Chelsie and midfielder Samantha will be playing full time for the School of Excellence next season against the likes of Arsenal, MK Dons and Leicester City.
Chelsie's dad Shane helped coach Caister U13 Girls, who play in the Norfolk and Suffolk Youth League.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “Samantha is a creative midfielder with very good balance who contributes her fair share of goals.
“The defence was the bulwark of the side and Chelsie is very good at reading the game and using her speed to close down players.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 2 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 5 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 6 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 7 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 8 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 9 Norwich City v Watford: everything you need to know
- 10 City lose Giannoulis appeal; three-game ban stands
“She is very dedicated, eats, drinks and speaks the sport and is obviously very excited to have been selected.”
Two other team members, Katherine Huggins and Nancy Halloway, were selected for the School of Excellence squad.