Caister girls celebrate selection
TWO players from a double-winning football team are celebrating their selection for the Norwich City School of Excellence.Chelsie Hurren and Samantha Hunn were two of just four girls selected from over 200 trialists earlier this month.
TWO players from a double-winning football team are celebrating their selection for the Norwich City School of Excellence.
Chelsie Hurren and Samantha Hunn were two of just four girls selected from over 200 trialists earlier this month.
The duo were members of the all-conquering Caister U13 Girls team that completed a league and cup double last season. Defender Chelsie and midfielder Samantha will be playing full time for the School of Excellence next season against the likes of Arsenal, MK Dons and Leicester City.
Chelsie's dad Shane helped coach Caister U13 Girls, who play in the Norfolk and Suffolk Youth League.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “Samantha is a creative midfielder with very good balance who contributes her fair share of goals.
“The defence was the bulwark of the side and Chelsie is very good at reading the game and using her speed to close down players.
- 1 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 3 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 4 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 5 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 6 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 7 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 8 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 9 City hold talks with Nyland
- 10 Norwich loan has 'ticked every box' for Ben Gibson
“She is very dedicated, eats, drinks and speaks the sport and is obviously very excited to have been selected.”
Two other team members, Katherine Huggins and Nancy Halloway, were selected for the School of Excellence squad.