City full-back departs
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City full-back Caleb Richards has signed for National League North side Kidderminster Harriers on a permanent deal.
The 22-year-old signed for the non-league outfit on a season-long loan deal last summer, but that has been made permanent with the expiry of his City contract coming later this summer.
Richards made 17 appearances for the Harriers prior to their season getting curtailed and departs Carrow Road having never made a senior appearance for the club. Kidderminster were sitting in 5th place in the National League North.
The left-back signed for Norwich on a free transfer from Blackpool back in 2018 and enjoyed a fruitful loan spell with USL Championship side Tampa Bay Rowdies a year later.
After returning to the UK, Richards joined National League side Yeovil Town on loan but failed to make a single appearance during his time at Huish Park.
Harriers boss Russ Penn told their official website: “Caleb was a consistent performer for us last season so we’re pleased to get him nailed down.
“For a young lad he carries himself as a great professional on and off the pitch, and I’m confident he’ll be an asset to the club going forward.”
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 3 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 4 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 5 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 6 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 7 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 8 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 9 Connor Southwell: Why Emi Buendia must be crowned City's Player of the Season
- 10 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims