City defender joins Kidderminster on loan
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City defender Caleb Richards has joined non-league side Kidderminster Harriers on a season-long loan.
Richards spent the first half of last season on loan at American outfit Tampa Bay Rowdies - where the 22-year-old caught the eye and impressed during a season in the USL Championship.
A stint at National League side Yeovil Town followed but Richards failed to make a single appearance during his spell at Huish Park.
Richards joined the Canaries from Blackpool in 2018 and his contract at Carrow Road expires next summer.
Speaking to the Harriers official channels, Richards said: “I think getting a lot of games at this level helps. You see players from this team and other teams get moves to higher places and if you do well at this level then it gives you a lot of opportunities.
You may also want to watch:
“Other lads coming down to non-league teams think it might be easy, but I’ve played at this level before and it’s tough. It’s a really good level.”
- 1 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 2 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 3 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 6 City lose Giannoulis appeal; three-game ban stands
- 7 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 8 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 9 Norwich City v Watford: everything you need to know
- 10 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return