Camp set to make debut
DAVID CUFFLEY Goalkeeper Lee Camp was set for his Norwich City debut in Tuesday night's Coca Cola Championship match against Leicester City at Carrow Road.
Goalkeeper Lee Camp is set for his Norwich City debut in Tuesday night's Coca Cola Championship match against Leicester City at Carrow Road.
England Under 21 international Camp, on loan from Derby since early September, will get his chance because Scotland international Paul Gallacher looks a certain non starter with an ankle injury.
Gallacher suffered the injury in the first half of Saturday's 1-1 draw against Hull when team mate Jason Shackell landed on him in a goal mouth incident.
You may also want to watch:
Gallacher was able to continue after treatment for the rest of the match but was set for an x-ray today and manager Peter Grant said he was almost certainly ruled out.
The City boss is also waiting for the all clear for goalkeeper Joe Lewis to take his place on the bench, after failing to extend the loan period for Jamie Ashdown, who returned to Portsmouth last week.
- 1 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 2 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 4 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 5 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 6 'I rate him. He's a fantastic player' - Farke open to Skipp return
- 7 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party
- 8 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 9 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 10 City players greeted by special messages from fan groups
Lewis suffered concussion and was taken to hospital after a bang on the head during a trial match with Bury, and he needs medical clearance to play.
Grant said: “I would say Gallacher is definitely out. I have seen his ankle this morning and I think we will lose him for a couple of weeks.
“His ankle was like a balloon yesterday and if he was an outfield player he would have no chance of playing.”
The goalkeeping situation is further complicated by the fact that Camp's loan runs out after the home game against Sheffield Wednesday on December 9 and Grant may need to seek emergency cover.
Defender Gary Doherty is also ruled out of the Leicester game with an ankle injury, while striker Peter Thorne is struggling with a thigh strain despite having played the final half hour against Hull.