‘Those are the best results’ – Norwich City goal hero on Bristol City strikes
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Kenny McLean admitted Norwich City’s dogged home win over Bristol City was more satisfying than their Bolton demolition job the previous weekend.
Daniel Farke’s Canaries followed up their 4-0 win in Greater Manchester over a side that looks set for Championship relegation, with a breathless 3-2 victory over English football’s in-form team – condemning the Robins to their first league defeat since November and first dropped league points this year.
McLean’s brace helped secure the three points for Norwich, as well as his first goals in English football.
“Those are the best results really – against Bolton it was a great result but it feels that bit better here,” said McLean.
“Being behind and sometimes we weren’t playing our best football, but when you can grind out three points, that’s when you show as real winners and when you show real character. I think that’s what we’ve done, even in games where we’ve not been at our best.
You may also want to watch:
“This was a massive three points, especially with being 2-1 down at half time. We’ve shown time and time again the character of this team, the never say die attitude and that’s just the way it’s going to be until the end of the season.”
As for the choice of goal – a first-half curler with his right foot or his low, fizzing second-half drive with his left – McLean could name the favourite of his first two Norwich strikes.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries win clash of the top two
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' stirring 1-0 Championship win against Brentford
- 3 Not so fast Thomas. Farke dismisses Brentford boss claims after 1-0 City win
- 4 Farke would rather have a drink with Guardiola than Town's new boss next season
- 5 City ready to fight fire with fire against Toney and the Bees
- 6 'Quality' City loanee 'unlucky with injuries' during Rovers spell, says Johnson
- 7 Millwall forward praises City's defensive steel
- 8 Norwich City v Brentford: everything you need to know
- 9 'Massive' - City fans full of praise after vital Brentford win
- 10 City take 'massive step' to the Premier League admits McLean
“It was probably the second,” admitted McLean. “It put us in a good position and 3-2 up. The team defended excellently and we could’ve scored a couple after that.
“So to get them goals is excellent but it’s all about the team and the three points. No matter who scores between now and the end of the season, I’ll be delighted.”
• For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Michael Bailey on the following channels…