City defender set for Scottish move
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City’s highly-rated centre back Akin Famewo is poised to seal a loan move to Scottish Premiership club St Mirren.
The Daily Record report on Tuesday night Famewo has travelled north of the border to finalise his short term deal in a bid for regular first team football.
Famewo has been a regular part of Daniel Farke's first team set up since a chronic early season injury crisis for City's senior central defensive options.
The 21-year-old is yet to make his first team debut but was an unused substitute for the 5-1 Premier League home defeat to Aston Villa.
In November Famewo was rewarded for his progress over recent months with a new longer term Carrow Road contract, keeping him at the club until June 2023.
You may also want to watch:
The next stage for the former Luton Town trainee appears to be a stint at the Buddies, who are currently 10th in the Scottish top tier.
The Daily Record report St Mirren are short of defensive options with Sean McLoughlin returned to Hull City and Kirk Broadfoot and Gary Mackenzie coming back from injuries.
- 1 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 3 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 4 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 5 'Bring it on', says Bournemouth boss
- 6 Farke, Frankfurt and the future
- 7 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 8 Former City coach leaves England U21 post
- 9 How Trent and Walker are shaping City star's progression
- 10 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
Neither club have yet to confirm the loan move, with St Mirren not in action action until a Scottish FA Cup tie on January 18.
Norwich have a number of their development talents on loan at home and abroad, as part of their overall strategy below first team level.
Belgian Under-21 centre back Rocky Bushiri sealed a switch to Sint-Truidense in his homeland earlier in the day after returning last week from a spell at Blackpool.