City Younes deal wide of the mark
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Norwich City is NOT closing in on a loan move for Napoli wide player Amin Younes - despite fresh reports a deal is in place.
Turkish media claimed the German international is set to sign on loan for Norwich City on Monday afternoon but the Canaries are believed to have no interest in the 26-year-old.
Suggestions of a €1.5m loan fee, and a potential €7m option to make the transfer permanent, are false.
The Canaries currently have a full roster of 17 non-homegrown players so any fresh overseas signings would require one of the current non-homegrown options in Daniel Farke's squad to make way.
Norwich have so far brought in Lukas Rupp and Hertha Berlin loanee Ondrej Duda in January with the likes of Dennis Srbeny and Manchester City winger Patrick Roberts leaving Carrow Road.
Reports first surfaced in Italy on Sunday night that the Canaries have been keeping tabs on the wide player, who previously played for Ajax and Monchengladbach, but there is no firm offer on the table from the Premier League's bottom club.
You may also want to watch:
The 26-year-old has played with a number of current of City's current operators, including the likes of Tim Krul, Rupp, Mario Vrancic and Onel Hernandez.
- 1 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 2 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 3 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 4 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 5 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 6 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 7 'We want to top this season off properly' - Krul's message to fans
- 8 Former City boss to leave post at the end of the season
- 9 City hot-shot out to prove point in Premier League, claims ex-Canary
- 10 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat