City Younes deal wide of the mark
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Norwich City is NOT closing in on a loan move for Napoli wide player Amin Younes - despite fresh reports a deal is in place.
Turkish media claimed the German international is set to sign on loan for Norwich City on Monday afternoon but the Canaries are believed to have no interest in the 26-year-old.
Suggestions of a €1.5m loan fee, and a potential €7m option to make the transfer permanent, are false.
The Canaries currently have a full roster of 17 non-homegrown players so any fresh overseas signings would require one of the current non-homegrown options in Daniel Farke's squad to make way.
Norwich have so far brought in Lukas Rupp and Hertha Berlin loanee Ondrej Duda in January with the likes of Dennis Srbeny and Manchester City winger Patrick Roberts leaving Carrow Road.
Reports first surfaced in Italy on Sunday night that the Canaries have been keeping tabs on the wide player, who previously played for Ajax and Monchengladbach, but there is no firm offer on the table from the Premier League's bottom club.
You may also want to watch:
The 26-year-old has played with a number of current of City's current operators, including the likes of Tim Krul, Rupp, Mario Vrancic and Onel Hernandez.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Huge goals for Hugill as City create daylight at the top
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City
- 3 Farke maps out his risk averse strategy on Pukki and Krul
- 4 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 5 Cherries lose more ground on Canaries in promotion race
- 6 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 7 Hot Hugill caps a season's best display for City boss
- 8 STARTING XIs: Krul returns for Canaries against Bristol City
- 9 Farke is not looking over his shoulder at City
- 10 Hugill brace ensures superb City beat Bristol