Canaries and Jarrold renew partnership to launch new city centre ‘fan hub’
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Jarrold and Norwich City have renewed their partnership and will be bringing a new ‘fan hub’ to Norwich city centre later this year.
The lower floor of the Jarrold Intersport store, in London Street, will allow supporters to buy club merchandise but will also be a social space where Canaries events can be held.
The Canaries launched their new kit in the store last summer and have also held player visits where fans can get autographs, with Moritz Leitner and Tom Trybull appearing for a signing session during last season.
Chief operating officer Ben Kensell explained: "A great actual space, we've been working on it for about two years now with the retail and ticketing sales hub, but this is more of an immersive, experience-led venture.
"What we want to create is an area where fans can actually come into the city centre and dwell within a Norwich City environment, with loads of things going on in there.
You may also want to watch:
"So it's not just about selling shirts, memberships or matchday experiences, it's about going in there and actually sitting there watching something on a screen, meeting a player, meeting a legend of the football club, participate in an activity.
"So within that space in London Street, we've got a great partnership with Jarrold, that we've had historically, we've actually brought that back and we think the proof will be in the pudding when you see it.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries win clash of the top two
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' stirring 1-0 Championship win against Brentford
- 3 Not so fast Thomas. Farke dismisses Brentford boss claims after 1-0 City win
- 4 Farke would rather have a drink with Guardiola than Town's new boss next season
- 5 City ready to fight fire with fire against Toney and the Bees
- 6 'Quality' City loanee 'unlucky with injuries' during Rovers spell, says Johnson
- 7 Millwall forward praises City's defensive steel
- 8 Norwich City v Brentford: everything you need to know
- 9 'Massive' - City fans full of praise after vital Brentford win
- 10 City take 'massive step' to the Premier League admits McLean
"I think people will be really impressed by this new fan hub, it's coming soon and it will be a really immersive experience when you go in there."
Jarrold previously sponsored the South Stand at Carrow Road, from its rebuild in 2004 through until 2016, but now the commercial relationship between two of Norfolk major establishments has been restored.
Michelle Jarrold, development director at Jarrold, said: "I am delighted that we are entering into this exciting next phase of collaboration with Norwich City Football Club.
"The association of our brands goes back many years, and the opening of the NCFC Fan Hub in the lower ground floor of our Jarrold Intersport shop is a fabulous opportunity for both brands to provide a ground-breaking new retail experience right in the heart of Norwich - just as the club sees a well-deserved return to the Premier League!"