Canaries are linked with Owls' winger
Bryan Gunn has been linked with a Championship winger - on the day Lee Croft formally completed his move to Derby County. The City boss is down to just one recognised wide man - Wes Hoolahan - but is reportedly interested in Sheffield Wednesday's Wade Small.
Bryan Gunn has been linked with a Championship winger - on the day Lee Croft formally completed his move to Derby County.
The City boss is down to just one recognised wide man - Wes Hoolahan - but is reportedly interested in Sheffield Wednesday's Wade Small.
The 25-year-old is out of contract and would be available on a free transfer - which would suit cash-strapped Gunn down to the ground.
With Croft opting out of life in League One, Gunn has lost the only genuine right winger he had in the club and while Hoolahan operates on the opposite flank, his tendency to drift inside means he doesn't operate exclusively down the line - and if Gunn is intent on bringing in a new target man he needs a supply line.
You may also want to watch:
Small can play either flank, or up front, with Crystal Palace and Leeds are thought to be interested, as well as Charlton.
While Gunn plots a quick return to the Championship, Croft is hoping to go one step further and reach the top flight with Derby.
- 1 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 3 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 4 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 6 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 7 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 8 Hanley insists winning title 'means everything' to Canaries
- 9 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 10 Watford wanted to stop promoted City enjoying 'showcase game'
"Derby is a huge club with a great history and tradition, a tremendous support base and I feel there is a lot of synergy in both the club's and my ambition."