Canaries are linked with Owls' winger
Bryan Gunn has been linked with a Championship winger - on the day Lee Croft formally completed his move to Derby County. The City boss is down to just one recognised wide man - Wes Hoolahan - but is reportedly interested in Sheffield Wednesday's Wade Small.
Bryan Gunn has been linked with a Championship winger - on the day Lee Croft formally completed his move to Derby County.
The City boss is down to just one recognised wide man - Wes Hoolahan - but is reportedly interested in Sheffield Wednesday's Wade Small.
The 25-year-old is out of contract and would be available on a free transfer - which would suit cash-strapped Gunn down to the ground.
With Croft opting out of life in League One, Gunn has lost the only genuine right winger he had in the club and while Hoolahan operates on the opposite flank, his tendency to drift inside means he doesn't operate exclusively down the line - and if Gunn is intent on bringing in a new target man he needs a supply line.
You may also want to watch:
Small can play either flank, or up front, with Crystal Palace and Leeds are thought to be interested, as well as Charlton.
While Gunn plots a quick return to the Championship, Croft is hoping to go one step further and reach the top flight with Derby.
- 1 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 2 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 3 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 5 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 6 'We are looking to win the next game' - Barnsley boss on Norwich FA Cup visit
- 7 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 Watch extended highlights of the Canaries' 2-0 win over Bristol City
- 10 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City
"Derby is a huge club with a great history and tradition, a tremendous support base and I feel there is a lot of synergy in both the club's and my ambition."