Canaries are linked with Owls' winger
Bryan Gunn has been linked with a Championship winger - on the day Lee Croft formally completed his move to Derby County. The City boss is down to just one recognised wide man - Wes Hoolahan - but is reportedly interested in Sheffield Wednesday's Wade Small.
Bryan Gunn has been linked with a Championship winger - on the day Lee Croft formally completed his move to Derby County.
The City boss is down to just one recognised wide man - Wes Hoolahan - but is reportedly interested in Sheffield Wednesday's Wade Small.
The 25-year-old is out of contract and would be available on a free transfer - which would suit cash-strapped Gunn down to the ground.
With Croft opting out of life in League One, Gunn has lost the only genuine right winger he had in the club and while Hoolahan operates on the opposite flank, his tendency to drift inside means he doesn't operate exclusively down the line - and if Gunn is intent on bringing in a new target man he needs a supply line.
Small can play either flank, or up front, with Crystal Palace and Leeds are thought to be interested, as well as Charlton.
While Gunn plots a quick return to the Championship, Croft is hoping to go one step further and reach the top flight with Derby.
- 1 Smith aims to turn up the heat on City squad
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Icelandic attacking midfielder linked
- 3 City FA Youth Cup winner heading to the Premier League?
- 4 Dereham boss hails 'class' Canaries after big night
- 5 Norwich City A-Z: Can Jones go one better with Hatters?
- 6 DEREHAM 0 CANARIES 4 - Key moments, ratings and teams
- 7 Pukki too important for Smith to offload
- 8 PICTURES: Back to business for Norwich City at Dereham
- 9 Paddy's Pointers: Dereham 0-4 Norwich City
- 10 VERDICT: Dereham Town 0-4 Norwich City
"Derby is a huge club with a great history and tradition, a tremendous support base and I feel there is a lot of synergy in both the club's and my ambition."