COLNEY RECAP: Hear from the key people behind Norwich City’s Championship promotion success
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke, Stuart Webber, Delia Smith, Michael Wynn Jones and a number of players spoke to the media on Thursday lunchtime to reflect on Norwich City’s Championship promotion - and we have the headlines.
The quartet reflected on the Canaries’ elevation to the Premier League at Colney and were joined by Kenny McLean, Teemu Pukki, Ben Godfrey and Mario Vrancic.
City need a point to guarantee the title when they wrap up their Football League season at Aston Villa on Sunday. Then it will be full steam ahead in preparing for a crack at the Premier League.
Recruitment, player contracts and the approach City aim to adopt to mix it against the likes of Liverpool and Manchester City in the big time were all discussed with the key personnel who have engineered the Canaries’ remarkable rise.
Farke also previewed his squad’s final day trip to Villa Park, with the latest injury news and the outcome of Tom Trybull’s planned visit to a specialist earlier this week to decide if he needs surgery on an ankle injury that cut short his season.
You may also want to watch:
Trybull has avoided surgery and will wear a protective boot for the early part of the summer but is targeting a return for the start of pre-season.
The Canaries have no fresh injury worries for Sunday’s trip to Villa Park.
- 1 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 2 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Derby County win
- 4 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
- 5 Paddy Davitt verdict: Wazza and City's great leap forward
- 6 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 7 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 8 'We showed Norwich too much respect' - Rooney on Rams' reverse
- 9 ‘Ninety points is usually enough’ - Dowell buzzing for City’s big day
- 10 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
• Recap the main lines from press conference in the window below