Press Conference RECAP: Godfrey and Lewis available for City but Hanley ruled out of Villa clash
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke previewed Norwich City’s Premier League home game against Aston Villa - and we had all the key lines first from Colney.
Farke confirmed whether Jamal Lewis was in his plans for this weekend's Carrow Road return after suffering elbow ligament damage in a heavy fall during the 2-0 away defeat at Crystal Palace.
Lewis was included in the Northern Ireland squad on Thursday for upcoming Euro2020 qualifiers with his national boss Michael O'Neill hopeful Lewis will be fit for selection when the squad meet up after this weekend's league fixtures.
Back up Philip Heise had a run out in the midweek EFL Trophy win at Crawley. Development keeper Archie Mair was a notable absentee from the same game, with the Scottish youth international set to be on the bench with Michael McGovern replacing Tim Krul (back) and Ralf Fahrmann (groin).
Farke provided a full fitness update on the rest of his squad. Timm Klose (knee), Christoph Zimmermann (foot), Tom Trybull (ankle), Onel Hernandez (knee) and Alex Tettey (groin) are longer term absentees, while Mario Vrancic (calf) has missed the past three games.
You may also want to watch:
- Recap the main headlines in the window above with full reaction and build up to City's Premier League duel against the Villans throughout the day on pinkun.com
- 1 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries tracking Bosnia midfielder
- 3 Norwich City transfer rumours: Bordeaux winger on the radar
- 4 'Criminally underrated' - City ace a huge Euros miss for Villa star
- 5 Sinani ready for a scrap at City
- 6 Norwich City transfer rumours: Premier League forward in Canaries' sights
- 7 Buendia's Argentina call-up leaves Canaries in unfamiliar territory
- 8 Hit or miss? City's Premier League loan history
- 9 From Croatia to Iceland - the mixed fortunes of City's loan stable
- 10 Delia reveals Norwich squad's touching tribute to her late mother Etty