Team selector: Who should start for Norwich City against Aston Villa?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Another Friday, another gloomy injury bulletin from Daniel Farke ahead of Norwich City’s Premier League home game against Aston Villa.
Grant Hanley (groin) is ruled out while Jamal Lewis (elbow), Ben Godfrey (hernia) and Todd Cantwell (hamstring) are all fresh injury concerns, but expected to be in the squad for the Villans' visit.
Hanley is now set to see a specialist on the groin issue that has plagued him this season.
Cantwell missed two days training but returned to action on Friday. Godfrey is set for surgery early next week to deal with a long standing problem that has seen him omitted from the England Under-21s squad over the international break.
Lewis was included in the Northern Ireland squad on Thursday for upcoming Euro2020 qualifiers with his national boss Michael O'Neill hopeful Lewis will be fit for selection when the squad meet up after this weekend's league fixtures.
You may also want to watch:
Ralf Fahrmann (groin) joins Tim Krul (back) on the sidelines which will mean potentially a full Premier League debut for Michael McGovern with development keeper Archie Mair poised to be included on the bench.
Farke provided a full fitness update on the rest of his squad but none of the longer term absentees are in contention this weekend with Timm Klose (knee), Christoph Zimmermann (foot), Tom Trybull (ankle), Onel Hernandez (knee) and Alex Tettey (groin) all out, while Mario Vrancic (calf) has missed the past three games.
- 1 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 2 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Derby County win
- 4 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
- 5 Paddy Davitt verdict: Wazza and City's great leap forward
- 6 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 7 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 8 'We showed Norwich too much respect' - Rooney on Rams' reverse
- 9 ‘Ninety points is usually enough’ - Dowell buzzing for City’s big day
- 10 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
Farke has limited options at his disposal but after two consecutive away defeats if you were in Farke's shoes who would you chose?
- Let us know your preferred starting line-up by selecting your 11 players above