Team selector: Who should start for Norwich City against Aston Villa?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Another Friday, another gloomy injury bulletin from Daniel Farke ahead of Norwich City’s Premier League home game against Aston Villa.
Grant Hanley (groin) is ruled out while Jamal Lewis (elbow), Ben Godfrey (hernia) and Todd Cantwell (hamstring) are all fresh injury concerns, but expected to be in the squad for the Villans' visit.
Hanley is now set to see a specialist on the groin issue that has plagued him this season.
Cantwell missed two days training but returned to action on Friday. Godfrey is set for surgery early next week to deal with a long standing problem that has seen him omitted from the England Under-21s squad over the international break.
Lewis was included in the Northern Ireland squad on Thursday for upcoming Euro2020 qualifiers with his national boss Michael O'Neill hopeful Lewis will be fit for selection when the squad meet up after this weekend's league fixtures.
You may also want to watch:
Ralf Fahrmann (groin) joins Tim Krul (back) on the sidelines which will mean potentially a full Premier League debut for Michael McGovern with development keeper Archie Mair poised to be included on the bench.
Farke provided a full fitness update on the rest of his squad but none of the longer term absentees are in contention this weekend with Timm Klose (knee), Christoph Zimmermann (foot), Tom Trybull (ankle), Onel Hernandez (knee) and Alex Tettey (groin) all out, while Mario Vrancic (calf) has missed the past three games.
- 1 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 2 City striker seals Swindon loan move; Hugill injury boost
- 3 Cantwell explains why he wears different coloured boots and why City is in his DNA
- 4 'I was knocked for six' - Krul reveals difficulties of his Covid-19 recovery
- 5 City Q&A: Striker light - Your questions answered
- 6 Six things you might have missed following Norwich City's FA Cup exit at Barnsley
- 7 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 9 Di Cunningham: Why City fans are in a class of their own
- 10 Chris Goreham: The importance of Hugill and home schooling
Farke has limited options at his disposal but after two consecutive away defeats if you were in Farke's shoes who would you chose?
- Let us know your preferred starting line-up by selecting your 11 players above