PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v City - No fresh injuries. Skipp and Pukki will be part of celebrations
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke previewed Norwich City’s Championship game at Barnsley - and we had all the key lines first from a video chat with the boss at Colney.
The Canaries will be officially presented with the Football League trophy at Oakwell after sealing their title last weekend with an emphatic 4-1 win over Reading.
But the final day trip is also a chance to say farewell to Alex Tettey and Mario Vrancic. The midfield duo will leave the club this summer at the end of their current deals.
Olly Skipp and Teemu Pukki are unavailable through injury. Skipp underwent surgery for a broken foot this week and is expected to be out for 12 weeks, while Pukki faces a race against time to lead Finland's charge at the Euros after suffering ankle ligament damage in the same title-clinching win against the Royals.
Farke gave his first reaction to all that news, plus provided a fitness update on the rest of the squad who were on duty last weekend. The City chief has no fresh injuries, beyond Skipp and Pukki, although Farke did confirm both will be at Oakwell for the trophy celebrations.
Dimitris Giannoulis comes into contention after serving a three-match ban for a red card against Bournemouth.
Christoph Zimmermann (hamstring), Lukas Rupp (hamstring) and Ben Gibson (ankle) will target pre-season comebacks. Sam Byram (hamstring) has been a longer term absentee.
- 1 Stay at Chelsea instead of joining a ‘lesser team’ - Souness advice to Gilmour
- 2 Posh talent 'over the moon' to seal Canaries switch
- 3 'Champions League' quality Rashica is a coup for City
- 4 Andy Hughes to link up with City coaching team for pre-season
- 5 Canaries linked with Newcastle youngster
- 6 Norwich City transfer rumours: Barcelona want to sell forward
- 7 City cool interest in Ajer
- 8 Ex-City keeper signs new Wolves deal
- 9 Jayden Bogle not in City's sights
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Midfielder wants clarity from French champions
Farke spoke to the media remotely from Colney.
• Recap the press conference in the window below, with full reaction and build up to City’s game against Barnsley throughout the rest of the day on pinkun.com