Canaries beat Manchester United youngsters thanks to Ahadme winner
- Credit: Norwich City FC
Norwich City Under-23s secured the best result of their season on Friday night, when they won 2-1 away at Manchester United, thanks to a winner from January signing Gassan Ahadme.
The youngsters of the Premier League giants led 1-0 at the break at Leigh Sports Village courtesy of Josh Bohui smashing a shot into the top-left corner seven minutes before half-time.
With the Red Devils without some of their best U23 players, due to a first-team injury crisis, City rallied and Ahadme won a penalty soon after the break which was dispatched by top scorer Adam Idah.
Morocco-born striker Ahadme, signed from Spanish youth side Gimnasitc de Manresa, found the side-netting before heading in the winner from a Tom Scully corner with 10 minutes left.
It was a just a fifth win of the PL2 season for the young Canaries, lifting them a place to 10th in the Division Two table, with Ahadme scoring for a second game on the bounce.
The 18-year-old had been speaking about his move to England ahead of the game, revealing that United legend Cristiano Ronaldo is his idol.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich U23s: McCracken; Kamal, Lomas, Dronfield, Payne (C); Milovanovic, Mcintosh (Mehmeti 45), Scully, Coley; Ahadme, Idah. Unused subs: Johnson (GK), Keller
- 1 A small gesture that shows why Norwich City are a class apart
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Wycombe win
- 3 Paul Lambert leaves Ipswich Town by mutual consent
- 4 City debate recap: Dowell, Stiepermann and City's number 10 position
- 5 Cantwell Brentford return rated 'less than 50%'
- 6 What next for Paul Lambert? A man once adored by Norwich fans....
- 7 Lee Payne: So what happens next for Norwich City?
- 8 Missed opportunity for Hernandez to reaffirm his City credentials
- 9 'I hope he gets promoted' - Wycombe chief holds Farke in high regard
- 10 Chris Goreham: It's not that relaxing to watch Norwich City... trust me, Pep