Canaries beat Manchester United youngsters thanks to Ahadme winner
- Credit: Norwich City FC
Norwich City Under-23s secured the best result of their season on Friday night, when they won 2-1 away at Manchester United, thanks to a winner from January signing Gassan Ahadme.
The youngsters of the Premier League giants led 1-0 at the break at Leigh Sports Village courtesy of Josh Bohui smashing a shot into the top-left corner seven minutes before half-time.
With the Red Devils without some of their best U23 players, due to a first-team injury crisis, City rallied and Ahadme won a penalty soon after the break which was dispatched by top scorer Adam Idah.
Morocco-born striker Ahadme, signed from Spanish youth side Gimnasitc de Manresa, found the side-netting before heading in the winner from a Tom Scully corner with 10 minutes left.
It was a just a fifth win of the PL2 season for the young Canaries, lifting them a place to 10th in the Division Two table, with Ahadme scoring for a second game on the bounce.
The 18-year-old had been speaking about his move to England ahead of the game, revealing that United legend Cristiano Ronaldo is his idol.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich U23s: McCracken; Kamal, Lomas, Dronfield, Payne (C); Milovanovic, Mcintosh (Mehmeti 45), Scully, Coley; Ahadme, Idah. Unused subs: Johnson (GK), Keller
- 1 Why a Premier League gamble makes no sense for Farke
- 2 Onel Hernandez reveals reason he got a Norwich City tattoo
- 3 Former City coach departs Ipswich Town
- 4 'I have to say I had more than one tear in my eye' - choked Farke on City duo's exit
- 5 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v City - No fresh injuries. Skipp and Pukki will be part of celebrations
- 6 Why Norwich City won't be a soft touch in the Premier League
- 7 Norwich City transfer rumours: Cardiff man once again linked
- 8 'Perfection' - Dowell on getting back to the big time with Canaries
- 9 When will Norwich City learn their Premier League fixtures?
- 10 Rosenborg set for talks with Tettey