City defender Godfrey joins Ferdinand and a host of the game’s top talent in ‘Stay Home. Play Together’ campaign
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City centre back Ben Godfrey joined some of the biggest names in the game when he took part in a Rio Ferdinand-hosted Fifa 20 event encouraging everyone to ‘Stay Home. Play Together’.
The likes of England duo Declan Rice and Mason Mount, Manchester United’s Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Chelsea’s Reece James have also taken part in the series hosted by Ferdinand, in collaboration with COPA90 and EA SPORTS™.
Godfrey beat Wycombe’s Adebayo Akinfenwa 2-1 in his Fifa 20 match-up, with EA SPORTS making a donation to Godfrey’s chosen charity, Football United.
“It’s a charity which is going to keep people fed and healthy during these tough times,” he said, speaking during the live FIFA 20 match as part of the ‘Stay Home. Play Together’ campaign by EA SPORTS and COPA90. “So, yes it’s one close to my heart and that’s where I want to send the money.”
Ferdinand also hosted a Q&A during the game with both players, which you can watch back here.
Rio: who is the best striker you’ve come up against so far in your career?
You may also want to watch:
Ben: When we played (Roberto) Firmino at Liverpool, first day of the season, he was just drifting, drifting into pockets and I didn’t know whether to go with him, because if I go with him (Sadio) Mané and (Mo) Salah are going in behind you. To be fair it was (Divock) Origi actually.
It just gave me a headache; do you know what I mean? I didn’t know what to do, I didn’t know whether to follow him or to say. So, I’d probably say Firmino.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 2 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 3 Paddy Davitt verdict: Cup finals aplenty if City seal the deal
- 4 Rusty returns could prove crucial in the long run for fit-again City stars
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 6 'I was knocked for six' - Krul reveals difficulties of his Covid-19 recovery
- 7 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 8 Six things you might have missed following Norwich City's FA Cup exit at Barnsley
- 9 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 10 Farke's words of advice for Soto
Rio: What about you Bayo?
Adebayo: Best player I’ve played against was Steven Gerrard. He was the best player I played against. We had Liverpool in the FA Cup. It was just like he said, alright I’m going to go and score now, and then he went to score. He’s something else. And I think the best centre half, the one I enjoyed playing against, and was very tough, was Wes Morgan.
I love a battle and he was always game for a battle. Rio, did you prefer to play against somebody that kept your mind on its toes, or you physically?
Rio: I found it harder against guys like (Dennis) Bergkamp and Raúl and (Gianfranco) Zola, those guys who used to drift away from you, like Ben said about Firmino. Bergkamp was one of the hardest I played against and half the time he didn’t even touch the ball, but he was just asking me questions all the time and my mind was all over the place…frazzled.
And then you got Thierry (Henry) coming in from over there and (Robert) Pires and that, and it just mashes with your head.