Ben Godfrey set for new Norwich City deal
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Ben Godfrey is poised to pledge his longer term future to Norwich City by signing an extended Carrow Road contract, according to Sky Sports.
Godfrey has been touted with the likes of Manchester United earlier this summer but Sky Sports transfer blog report on Monday lunchtime he is 'close to reaching an agreement' on a new five year deal to ward off potential suitors.
The England Under-20 international is under contract until 2022 (with a further one year option) after signing an improved contract 12 months ago.
But the former York trainee has since emerged as a key figure in the Canaries' Championship title winning campaign at centre back, forging an impressive partnership with Christoph Zimmermann.
Godfrey scored four goals in 36 appearances for the Canaries after grabbing his chance around the turn of the year following injury and suspension to the likes of Timm Klose and Grant Hanley.
You may also want to watch:
Sporting director Stuart Webber made it clear recently there had been no firm interest since the end of last season in the club's best young talent but urged the likes of Godfrey, Max Aarons and Jamal Lewis to prove their worth in the Premier League with City.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 3 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 4 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 5 Rupp set for FA Cup recall
- 6 February fixture changes for Canaries
- 7 Robin Sainty: Farke has taken City to a whole new level
- 8 Ton up Tim is wonderful for Farke
- 9 MATCHDAY LIVE: Canaries take on Barnsley in FA Cup
- 10 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe