PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Birmingham City - Cantwell in, Zimbo out
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke previewed Norwich City’s Championship home game against Birmingham City - and we had all the key lines first from a video chat with the boss at Colney.
The Canaries dug deep to get a win against Rotherham but that will look an even better result if they can follow up against Birmingham and then newly promoted Wycombe this weekend at Carrow Road.
Farke provided a fitness update on those who featured against the Millers. Olly Skipp was able to continue after he was involved in the ugly challenge that saw Angus MacDonald sent off. His head coach confirmed Skipp is fit for duty against the Blues.
Christoph Zimmermann (calf) and Todd Cantwell (bruising) missed out at the weekend but stayed behind in Norfolk to train at Colney. Cantwell is back in the mix but Zimmermann will not return to full training until later in the week.
“Bad news with Christoph. He is not available,” confirmed Farke. “The plan was to bring him back into team training on Sunday. But that won’t be until Wednesday at the earliest. Then he can be available for the following home game.
You may also want to watch:
“Todd had this knock against his knee on Thursday. He was on the pitch Friday but he wasn’t right. He did a light individual session on Saturday and back with the team on Sunday. If there is no reaction from here he will be available. With a bruise or a dead leg it can be a question of hours.”
Onel Hernandez (adductor), Kieran Dowell (ankle) and Sam Byram (hamstring) are not expected to be in contention until early in the new year.
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 2 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 4 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 6 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 7 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 8 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 9 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
- 10 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
Josip Drmic and Moritz Leitner are not part of the plans for the new season.
Farke spoke to the media remotely from Colney.
• Recap the main points in the window above, with full reaction and build up to City’s Championship game against the Blues throughout the day on pinkun.com