PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Birmingham City - Cantwell in, Zimbo out
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke previewed Norwich City’s Championship home game against Birmingham City - and we had all the key lines first from a video chat with the boss at Colney.
The Canaries dug deep to get a win against Rotherham but that will look an even better result if they can follow up against Birmingham and then newly promoted Wycombe this weekend at Carrow Road.
Farke provided a fitness update on those who featured against the Millers. Olly Skipp was able to continue after he was involved in the ugly challenge that saw Angus MacDonald sent off. His head coach confirmed Skipp is fit for duty against the Blues.
Christoph Zimmermann (calf) and Todd Cantwell (bruising) missed out at the weekend but stayed behind in Norfolk to train at Colney. Cantwell is back in the mix but Zimmermann will not return to full training until later in the week.
“Bad news with Christoph. He is not available,” confirmed Farke. “The plan was to bring him back into team training on Sunday. But that won’t be until Wednesday at the earliest. Then he can be available for the following home game.
You may also want to watch:
“Todd had this knock against his knee on Thursday. He was on the pitch Friday but he wasn’t right. He did a light individual session on Saturday and back with the team on Sunday. If there is no reaction from here he will be available. With a bruise or a dead leg it can be a question of hours.”
Onel Hernandez (adductor), Kieran Dowell (ankle) and Sam Byram (hamstring) are not expected to be in contention until early in the new year.
- 1 Ex-City star Murphy boosts hopes of new deal
- 2 Former City loanee set for new deal at Borussia Dortmund
- 3 'I don't want the season to end' - City ace hitting top form
- 4 Candid Cantwell opens up on struggles during 'whirlwind' summer
- 5 Six things you might have missed after City's win at Derby
- 6 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 7 City defender likened to a 'young Rio Ferdinand'
- 8 Paddy Davitt verdict: Wazza and City's great leap forward
- 9 City Q&A: One down. One to go
- 10 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
Josip Drmic and Moritz Leitner are not part of the plans for the new season.
Farke spoke to the media remotely from Colney.
• Recap the main points in the window above, with full reaction and build up to City’s Championship game against the Blues throughout the day on pinkun.com