COLNEY RECAP: Norwich City v Bournemouth - Huge fitness boost for Canaries
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke previewed Norwich City’s Premier League relegation tussle against Bournemouth - and we had all the key lines first from Colney.
The Canaries' fading survival hopes could hinge on getting what would be only a second league win in the last 18, given Bournemouth arrive at Carrow Road on Saturday one place above them and with just one win in 11 league games.
The Cherries lost 3-0 at home to rejuvenated Watford last weekend, a result which forced Eddie Howe to bat away questions on his own future.
Farke has no such distractions to contend with and is buoyed by the return to fitness of Teemu Pukki and Ben Godfrey. Pukki picked up Finland's sports personality of the year award on Thursday and City fans will hope he can finish the week on a goalscoring high after missing the last three games with hamstring and toe issues.
Godfrey was also back in team training at the start of this week well ahead of a predicted February return following a knee injury. Grant Hanley was forced to depart in the closing stages of the 4-0 hammering at Manchester United following a bout of cramp, but is fit.
You may also want to watch:
Farke also spoke about his plans for new signings Ondrej Duda and Lukas Rupp, who are both in the mix this weekend.
Timm Klose remains the only longer term injury absentee as he bids to get back from a knee problem before the end of the season.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 3 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 4 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 5 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 6 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 7 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 8 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 9 Connor Southwell: Why Emi Buendia must be crowned City's Player of the Season
- 10 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- Recap the key lines in the window with full reaction and build up to City's Premier League game against Bournemouth throughout the day on pinkun.com