PRESSER LIVE: Brentford v Norwich City - Cantwell late call, Zimbo and Martin ruled out
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke previewed Norwich City’s Championship trip to Brentford - and we had all the key lines first from a video chat with the boss at Colney.
The Canaries cashed in with nine points out of nine last week but face two tough away tests in upcoming days, starting with last season’s beaten Championship play-off finalists Brentford.
The Bees have seen Olly Watkins and Said Benrahma move on to the Premier League over the summer but are still tipped to be in the promotion shake up under Thomas Frank.
Farke provided a full fitness update on the players who featured in Saturday’s 2-1 home win over Wycombe Wanderers. Adam Idah starts the first of a three match ban for his stoppage time red card after shoving Wanderers’ captain Joe Jacobson.
The City boss confirmed Christoph Zimmermann again misses out but the big centre back indicated prior to that game he is making good progress on his calf injury.
You may also want to watch:
Josh Martin (back) is also unavailable while Todd Cantwell took a bang on his hip at the weekend but if he returns to training later on Monday will be in contention for Brentford.
Onel Hernandez (adductor), Kieran Dowell (ankle) and Sam Byram (hamstring) are not expected to be in contention until early in the new year.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 2 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 4 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 6 Paddy Davitt verdict: Cup finals aplenty if City seal the deal
- 7 Rusty returns could prove crucial in the long run for fit-again City stars
- 8 'Concentrate on the league klaxon' - City fans express disappointment at FA Cup exit
- 9 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
While Josip Drmic and Moritz Leitner are not part of the plans for the new season.
Farke spoke to the media remotely from Colney.
• Recap the key points in the window above, with full reaction and build up to City’s Championship game at Brentford throughout the day on pinkun.com