PRESSER LIVE: Brentford v Norwich City - Cantwell late call, Zimbo and Martin ruled out
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke previewed Norwich City’s Championship trip to Brentford - and we had all the key lines first from a video chat with the boss at Colney.
The Canaries cashed in with nine points out of nine last week but face two tough away tests in upcoming days, starting with last season’s beaten Championship play-off finalists Brentford.
The Bees have seen Olly Watkins and Said Benrahma move on to the Premier League over the summer but are still tipped to be in the promotion shake up under Thomas Frank.
Farke provided a full fitness update on the players who featured in Saturday’s 2-1 home win over Wycombe Wanderers. Adam Idah starts the first of a three match ban for his stoppage time red card after shoving Wanderers’ captain Joe Jacobson.
The City boss confirmed Christoph Zimmermann again misses out but the big centre back indicated prior to that game he is making good progress on his calf injury.
You may also want to watch:
Josh Martin (back) is also unavailable while Todd Cantwell took a bang on his hip at the weekend but if he returns to training later on Monday will be in contention for Brentford.
Onel Hernandez (adductor), Kieran Dowell (ankle) and Sam Byram (hamstring) are not expected to be in contention until early in the new year.
- 1 Webber believes City will be better prepared for top flight if promotion can be secured
- 2 Casualty list at City is one for the fiction writers
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Krul out three weeks; Pukki out this weekend
- 4 Late McCracken penalty save ensures City U23s draw with Burnley
- 5 Former City keeper signs for Coventry ahead of Carrow Road clash
- 6 Farke's take on Krul and Pukki body blows
- 7 Main man Tettey has still got it
- 8 Get behind McGovern urges Farke
- 9 STARTING XIs: Three changes and very young bench for injury-hit City against Coventry
- 10 Matchday Live: City trying to extend unbeaten run to 10 games as they face Coventry
While Josip Drmic and Moritz Leitner are not part of the plans for the new season.
Farke spoke to the media remotely from Colney.
• Recap the key points in the window above, with full reaction and build up to City’s Championship game at Brentford throughout the day on pinkun.com