Norwich City v Bristol City - The Lowdown
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Can Norwich City end Bristol City’s Championship winning surge? Get in the mood with video, quotes, betting odds, predicted line-ups and squad news.
• NORWICH TEAM NEWS
Mario Vrancic has returned from an ankle injury ahead of schedule and is back in the mix for the Robins.
Vrancic could be an outside bet for the matchday squad after re-joining full team training on Thursday. Alex Tettey (ankle) is in light training and could step up his recovery over this weekend, as he looks to be in contention for the trip to Millwall.
Marco Stiepermann has a minor hamstring tear but is available. Louis Thompson (knee) and Carlton Morris (ankle) are out longer term.
You may also want to watch:
• BRISTOL CITY TEAM NEWS
Andreas Weimann (back) is a doubt. Defender Jack Hunt could be involved after returning to training following a calf problem. Keeper Niki Maenpaa (calf) and former City midfielder Korey Smith are still sidelined.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 3 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 4 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 5 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 6 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 7 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 8 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 9 Connor Southwell: Why Emi Buendia must be crowned City's Player of the Season
- 10 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
• FROM THE DUGOUTS
Daniel Farke (Norwich): “It is a crucial game. If we are able to win it would be a massive step to finish at least in the play-offs and to keep the gap we have to them. We know this a big chance for us.
“Maybe they could live with a draw, because they would be in the mix for the play-offs, but for automatic promotion they will know how important a win is.
“We are unbelievably respectful. Even last season they were close to the play-offs and possibly the run they had in the League Cup cost them.
“Now to have so many wins in the league in a row is outstanding. We have faced many top teams in this league already but we have at least two more left for me. One is Middlesbrough away and the other is definitely Bristol at home.”
Jamie McAllister (Bristol City, assistant head coach): “A very good team with very good individual players. As a group and as a team they’re performing well, they’re scoring a lot of goals.
“(Teemu) Pukki, the striker is in form, top goal-scorer in the Championship, I think 23 goals so we’ll have to keep him quiet but they’re not a one-man team. They’ve got great players all over the pitch.
“Both teams in form, we’re in form, they’re in form, makes for a great Championship game on Saturday. I’m sure it will be a full house at Carrow Road and we’re taking along a big support and I’m sure they’ll get behind the players.”
• KEY MAN – CALLUM O’DOWDA
Impressive left-sided midfielder who has scored four goals in his last 13 appearances and notched a thumping finish in the 2-2 Championship draw between the sides at Ashton Gate. Powerful runner from midfield.
• OPPOSITION BOSS – LEE JOHNSON
Newmarket-born Johnson has been in charge of the Robins since 2016. Guided them to a headling-grabbing League Cup semi-final against Manchester City last season. Previous spells at Oldham and Barnsley.
• BETTING ODDS
(odds supplied from Skybet)
• LEAGUE FORM
CITY: W-L-W-W-D (10 points from a possible 15)
ROBINS: W-W-W-W-W (15 points from a possible 15)
• PREDICTED LINE-UPS
Norwich (4-2-3-1): Krul; Aarons, Zimmermann (C), Godfrey, Lewis; McLean, Trybull; Buendia, Stiepermann, Hernandez; Pukki
Bristol City (4-1-4-1): Fielding; Pisano, Kalas, Webster, Kelly; Pack; Weimann, Brownhill, Paterson, O’Dowda; Diedhiou
• REFEREE – GAVIN WARD (SURREY)
Shown 88 yellow and two red cards in 28 appointments this season. Last appointment with Norwich was the New Year’s Day draw at Brentford.
• Make sure to download the Pink Un app for exclusive insight and analysis from our Canaries correspondents, available for free in your mobile device’s app store