PRESSER LIVE: Bristol City v Norwich City - Quintilla, Zimbo out
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke previewed Norwich City’s Championship trip to Bristol City - and we had all the key lines first from a video chat with the boss at Colney.
The fitness of Xavi Quintilla was the key topic ahead of the game, with the Spanish left back pulling out in the warm up on Tuesday night at Brentford with a hip flexor issue.
City have no other recognised senior left backs available, given Sam McCallum is on loan at Coventry City and Sam Byram (hamstring) is sidelined. Ben Gibson can operate at full back but Christoph Zimmermann has missed the recent games with a calf injury, leaving Gibson and Grant Hanley as the only fit senior centre backs.
Farke confirmed Quintilla will miss the Robins’ game but is targeting a return for Millwall the following Tuesday. Scans have confirmed no bleeding in the muscle area and Farke is optimistic he can be available after the weekend.
The City chief reported no other fresh fitness issues from those who featured at the Brentford Community Stadium in the 1-1 Championship draw. Josh Martin along with Zimmermann missed that game with a back issue. Both are back in light training but not in line to feature this weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Onel Hernandez (adductor), Kieran Dowell (ankle) and Byram are not expected to be in contention until early in the new year.
While Josip Drmic and Moritz Leitner are not part of the plans for the new season.
- 1 Decade of East Anglian Derby dominance for Canaries
- 2 Webber believes City will be better prepared for top flight if promotion can be secured
- 3 Casualty list at City is one for the fiction writers
- 4 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Krul out three weeks; Pukki out this weekend
- 5 Late McCracken penalty save ensures City U23s draw with Burnley
- 6 Former City keeper signs for Coventry ahead of Carrow Road clash
- 7 Farke's take on Krul and Pukki body blows
- 8 Main man Tettey has still got it
- 9 Get behind McGovern urges Farke
- 10 Matchday Live: City trying to extend unbeaten run to 10 games as they face Coventry
Farke spoke to the media remotely from Colney.
•Recap the main lines from the press conference in the window above, with full reaction and build up to City’s Championship game at Bristol City throughout the day on pinkun.com