PRESSER LIVE: Bristol City v Norwich City - Quintilla, Zimbo out
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke previewed Norwich City’s Championship trip to Bristol City - and we had all the key lines first from a video chat with the boss at Colney.
The fitness of Xavi Quintilla was the key topic ahead of the game, with the Spanish left back pulling out in the warm up on Tuesday night at Brentford with a hip flexor issue.
City have no other recognised senior left backs available, given Sam McCallum is on loan at Coventry City and Sam Byram (hamstring) is sidelined. Ben Gibson can operate at full back but Christoph Zimmermann has missed the recent games with a calf injury, leaving Gibson and Grant Hanley as the only fit senior centre backs.
Farke confirmed Quintilla will miss the Robins’ game but is targeting a return for Millwall the following Tuesday. Scans have confirmed no bleeding in the muscle area and Farke is optimistic he can be available after the weekend.
The City chief reported no other fresh fitness issues from those who featured at the Brentford Community Stadium in the 1-1 Championship draw. Josh Martin along with Zimmermann missed that game with a back issue. Both are back in light training but not in line to feature this weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Onel Hernandez (adductor), Kieran Dowell (ankle) and Byram are not expected to be in contention until early in the new year.
While Josip Drmic and Moritz Leitner are not part of the plans for the new season.
- 1 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
- 2 City midfielder returns to Norfolk after loan spell terminated
- 3 Bushiri completes Eupen loan
- 4 Placheta must kick on at City
- 5 Cantwell explains why he wears different coloured boots and why City is in his DNA
- 6 Giannoulis deal proof City can navigate difficult transfer market
- 7 Giannoulis in contention for Boro clash - as City secure work permit
- 8 City striker seals Swindon loan move; Hugill injury boost
- 9 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 10 'That's my dream' - Giannoulis hopes his style will boost City's promotion hopes
Farke spoke to the media remotely from Colney.
•Recap the main lines from the press conference in the window above, with full reaction and build up to City’s Championship game at Bristol City throughout the day on pinkun.com