Team selector: Who should start for Norwich City against Burnley?
- Credit: Tony Thrussell
Easiest team selection Daniel Farke could have after a wonderful win over Manchester City or do you need reinforcements to handle Burnley’s rather more direct threat? Here’s your chance to pick your Norwich City team.
Farke pulled off a remarkable victory against the champions given he was without eight senior players through injury or the ineligibility of Patrick Roberts against his parent club. Roberts is back in the mix for the trip to Turf Moor and Moritz Leitner returned to training on Thursday after his calf problem, but the rest of Farke's longer term absentees will again be missing.
Fellow midfielder Mario Vrancic (calf) was not part of the training group while Timm Klose (knee), Max Aarons (ankle), Christoph Zimmermann (foot), Tom Trybull (ankle) and Onel Hernandez (knee) are all definitely out.
Farke confirmed at his pre-match press call on Friday Vrancic is not in contention this weekend and Ralf Fahrmann (groin) is expected to be out for seven to 10 days.
But could this be a game for Grant Hanley to deal with the expected aerial bombardment or would you keep Ibrahim Amadou and Ben Godfrey together in the centre of defence?
Kenny McLean and Alex Tettey let no-one down last weekend but would Amadou's combative presence be better used in midfield?
If you were in Farke's shoes who would you chose from the fit and available options?
You may also want to watch:
- Let us know your preferred starting line-up by selecting your 11 players above
- 1 City lodge complaint to EFL over match officials conduct during Luton Town defeat
- 2 Norwich City able to access £8.33m loan after Premier League agree EFL bailout
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Luton Town 3 Canaries 1
- 4 What do the new Brexit rules mean for Norwich City?
- 5 Iwan Roberts: I've never seen an injury crisis like Norwich City's before
- 6 Paddy Davitt: City player ratings against Luton Town
- 7 'A perfect storm' - Fans have their say as injuries finally take their toll on Canaries
- 8 Bullish Farke unhappy at defending and key calls in Luton defeat
- 9 'We need to adapt' - Skipp keen to share the goals around in Pukki's absence
- 10 Luton 3-1 City: Tired Canaries come up well short