Team selector: Who should start for Norwich City against Burnley?
- Credit: Tony Thrussell
Easiest team selection Daniel Farke could have after a wonderful win over Manchester City or do you need reinforcements to handle Burnley’s rather more direct threat? Here’s your chance to pick your Norwich City team.
Farke pulled off a remarkable victory against the champions given he was without eight senior players through injury or the ineligibility of Patrick Roberts against his parent club. Roberts is back in the mix for the trip to Turf Moor and Moritz Leitner returned to training on Thursday after his calf problem, but the rest of Farke's longer term absentees will again be missing.
Fellow midfielder Mario Vrancic (calf) was not part of the training group while Timm Klose (knee), Max Aarons (ankle), Christoph Zimmermann (foot), Tom Trybull (ankle) and Onel Hernandez (knee) are all definitely out.
Farke confirmed at his pre-match press call on Friday Vrancic is not in contention this weekend and Ralf Fahrmann (groin) is expected to be out for seven to 10 days.
But could this be a game for Grant Hanley to deal with the expected aerial bombardment or would you keep Ibrahim Amadou and Ben Godfrey together in the centre of defence?
Kenny McLean and Alex Tettey let no-one down last weekend but would Amadou's combative presence be better used in midfield?
If you were in Farke's shoes who would you chose from the fit and available options?
You may also want to watch:
- Let us know your preferred starting line-up by selecting your 11 players above
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 4 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 6 Farke braced for summer of speculation amid Frankfurt links
- 7 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 8 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success
- 9 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 10 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion