Burnley v Norwich City - Press Conference RECAP - Fresh injury worries for Canaries
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke previewed Norwich City’s FA Cup fourth round tie at Burnley - and we had all the key lines first from Colney.
City put the Premier League survival scrap on hold for a weekend in the pursuit of cup progress at a Burnley buoyed by consecutive league wins over Leicester City and Manchester United to ease any fears they might be sucked into the battle at the bottom.
Farke rang the changes for the previous win at Preston in this competition and you can expect the likes of Teemu Pukki and Tim Krul to get another afternoon off.
Adam Idah grabbed his chance with a match-winning display at Deepdale and Farke now also has Josip Drmic back in the attacking mix.
The City head coach provided a full fitness update on those who featured in the 2-1 midweek Premier League defeat at Tottenham.
You may also want to watch:
Todd Cantwell (hamstring) is ruled out. Kenny McLean (hip) and Ibrahim Amadou (knee) are doubts. Mario Vrancic (shin) and Ralf Fahrmann (knee) are both available after missing out at Spurs. Ben Godfrey is suspended this weekend and Emi Buendia (quad) ruled out. Farke indicated the Argentine had an outside chance of being fit for the trip to Newcastle the following weekend.
Timm Klose remains the only longer term injury absentee as he bids to get back from a knee injury before the end of the season.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 3 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 4 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 5 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 6 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 7 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 8 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 9 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
- 10 Dowell the difference at Derby as City close on promotion
The City chief also gave his response on transfer speculation touting the Canaries with Luxembourg international Danel Sinanai.
- Catch up with the key lines from the press conference, with full reaction and build up to City's FA Cup tie at Burnley throughout the day on pinkun.com