City U23s held 2-2 against Burnley's U23s
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City’s Under-23s were pegged back by Burnley’s U23s to draw 2-2 on Monday afternoon in Premier League Two action.
Abu Kamara and Matthew Dennis scored for the Canaries before the interval at the Tameside stadium, but the hosts responded in the second half.
City’s line up featured French midfielder Melvin Sitti and January signing Regan Riley but none of Daniel Farke’s first team players were on duty in the north-west.
The teams played out a goalless draw earlier in the season but City raced into a two goal lead when the prolific Kamara notched from range before Dennis coolly latched onto a long ball from keeper Joe Rose to slot past the Clarets’ German keeper Marc Richter.
Lewis Richardson pulled one back in the 75th minute with a close range header and Dara Costelloe rifled the hosts’ level in the 82nd minute.
Dave Wright’s side could have moved up to 10th in Premier League Two with a win and are scheduled to be back in action on Friday against Sunderland's U23s at Colney.
Norwich City (starting XI): Rose, Vaughan, Warner, Tomkinson, Nizet, Khumbeni, Sitti, Springett (Lomas, 75), Riley (Rowe, 64), Dennis, Kamara (Dickson-Peters, 70). Subs (not used): Earley, Stewart.
- 1 Onel Hernandez reveals reason he got a Norwich City tattoo
- 2 'I have to say I had more than one tear in my eye' - choked Farke on City duo's exit
- 3 Former City coach departs Ipswich Town
- 4 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v City - No fresh injuries. Skipp and Pukki will be part of celebrations
- 5 Why a Premier League gamble makes no sense for Farke
- 6 What does Pukki injury mean for City's transfer plans?
- 7 Farke reveals title celebration curbs
- 8 'Perfection' - Dowell on getting back to the big time with Canaries
- 9 Why Norwich City won't be a soft touch in the Premier League
- 10 When will Norwich City learn their Premier League fixtures?