PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Cardiff City - Krul out; Rupp fit for duty
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke previewed Norwich City’s Championship game against Cardiff City - and we had all the key lines first from a video chat with the boss at Colney.
Tim Krul (thigh) remains out, with the experienced keeper now set for a course of injections after a further scan on the thigh problem that has kept him out since the win at Stoke City last month. City will continue to assess the Dutch international ahead of the festive swing.
Midfielder Lukas Rupp (hamstring) is poised to be available this weekend after returning to training on Thursday.
Farke confirmed there are no fresh injury concerns from the players who were on duty at Reading in a midweek 2-1 league win that kept the Canaries top.
Ben Gibson (calf) and Przemyslaw Placheta (hamstring) will be out for another game after picking up injuries in the recent 2-1 comeback win against Sheffield Wednesday.
Xavi Quintilla (hip) is back in light training and currently undergoing his quarantine period after returning from Spain. The left back could return to team training next Tuesday.
Onel Hernandez (adductor), Sam Byram (hamstring), Adam Idah (knee) and Bali Mumba (knee) are not expected to be in contention until early in the new year. Hernandez is also in light training and Farke previously suggested he might be back in team training before the end of the year.
- 1 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 2 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 3 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 4 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 5 Former City boss to leave post at the end of the season
- 6 City hot-shot out to prove point in Premier League, claims ex-Canary
- 7 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 8 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 9 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 10 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
Moritz Leitner and Josip Drmic are not part of the plans for the new season.
Farke spoke to the media remotely from Colney.
• Recap the main lines from the press conference in the window above, with full reaction and build up to City’s Championship game against the Bluebirds throughout the day on pinkun.com