Norwich City striker Nelson Oliveira flies to Portugal to end injury hell
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Nelson Oliveira is ruled out of the Championship trip to Bolton on Saturday after heading to Portugal in a bid to finally end his injury problems.
Oliveira’s groin and calf concerns have limited his involvement in recent months, and Canaries’ head coach confirmed on Friday afternoon he has now returned to his homeland in a bid for further treatment.
“I hope we can use the international break to get him back on course,” he said. “He’s in Portugal having some meetings with dentists and doctors to try and sort it out. Hopefully we can get it sorted and have him back at 100pc after the international break.”
Yanic Wildschut returns to the squad for the trip to the Trotters after missing the 2-0 midweek Championship defeat against Wolves and Farke reported no fresh injury concerns. Christoph Zimmermann has shaken off the effects of a sickness bug that lmiited him to a second half appearance against Wolves.
Steven Naismith (ankle) is back in training but will not feature this weekend. Alex Tettey (calf) is on the comeback trail but will not be available until after the upcoming international break.
You may also want to watch:
“Steven has looked better during training,” said Farke. “But he won’t travel as we want to give him the international break to get back to 100% before we bring him back in.
“Alex Tettey is developing in the right direction. Hopefully he can be back in team training a couple of weeks after the international break.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: City remain top despite Luton defeat
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Arsenal linked with Canaries playmaker
- 3 Farke on young blood and Hatters at boiling point
- 4 Luton Town v Norwich City: Everything you need to know
- 5 PRESSER LIVE: Luton Town v Norwich City
- 6 FARKE: Full roll call on City's injured stars
- 7 Luton 3-1 City: Tired Canaries come up well short
- 8 Skipp is making his mark at City
- 9 Limited number of tickets left for fans ahead of Wednesday and Forest matches
- 10 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
“There were some hits during the Wolves game but nothing too bad. Christoph Zimmermann is much better – he was sick on the morning of the Wolves game and we decided to rest him, but he’s fine now.”
Alex Pritchard, Jamal Lewis, Louis Thompson and Matt Jarvis remain longer term injury absentees.
• Review the main headlines from the press conference, via the window.