CRUNCHED: What Norwich City need to do to get promoted this Easter
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have the Premier League in their sights - but only a win will do at Stoke City to seal promotion coupled with either Leeds or Sheffield United dropping points.
Daniel Farke’s squad hold a five point lead over the Blades and Leeds, after an eventful Good Friday programme that saw Mario Vrancic’s 97th minute equaliser earn a point against Sheffield Wednesday.
Sheffield United beat ten-man Nottingham Forest 2-0 at Bramall Lane but Leeds slipped to a surprise 2-1 home defeat to Wigan, who played 75 minutes at Elland Road with 10 men following an early red card for Cedric Kipre.
Chris Wilder’s side kick off at the same time as the Canaries on Easter Monday, when they make the short trip to Hull City (3pm), with Marcelo Bielsa’s Leeds at Brentford in a later kick off (5:15pm).
This is the breakdown in the race for automatic Championship promotion.
You may also want to watch:
• If Norwich win and either Sheffield United or Leeds lose or draw they are promoted
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 4 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 5 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 6 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 7 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work
- 10 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
• If Norwich win and BOTH Sheffield United and Leeds lose or draw they are crowned champions
• If Norwich pick up five points from their last three games they will be crowned champions, irrespective of what either Sheffield United or Leeds managed in their final three games.