Team selector: Who should start for Norwich City against Chelsea?
- Credit: Tony Thrussell
How many changes, if any, would you make to the Norwich City XI for Saturday’s second home clash of the Premier League season against Chelsea? Here’s the chance to pick your team.
Daniel Farke's team served up a champagne performance to sink Newcastle United 3-1, with Teemu Pukki the first Canaries' player to score a top flight hat-trick since 1993.
Tim Krul and the rest of his backline were denied a clean sheet by Jonjo Shelvey's stoppage time consolation but this was an emphatic statement of intent from the newly-promoted side.
Farke opted to make one change to the starting line up that lost 4-1 to Liverpoolon the opening night with Moritz Leitner grabbing his chance in place of Kenny McLean, who started on the bench after missing a couple of days training with a back problem.
Both Timm Klose and Christoph Zimmermann were involved in team training on Thursday, as they come back from spells on the sidelines. Klose missed the opening two league games with a hip flexor problem but Farke hinted after the Magpies' win he would come into consideration for the Blues' test with a full week's training. Zimmermann is targeting a return from summer knee surgery before the international break.
You may also want to watch:
Recent loan signing Ibrahim Amadou is also in the mix after another week to adapt with his new team mates.
Farke will deliver a full squad bulletin when he faces the media on Friday afternoon at Colney. Onel Hernandez is definitely out after undergoing knee surgery earlier this week. Back up striker Josip Drmic is likely to be a major doubt with a hamstring injury.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Huge goals for Hugill as City create daylight at the top
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City
- 3 Farke maps out his risk averse strategy on Pukki and Krul
- 4 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 5 Cherries lose more ground on Canaries in promotion race
- 6 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 7 Hot Hugill caps a season's best display for City boss
- 8 STARTING XIs: Krul returns for Canaries against Bristol City
- 9 Farke is not looking over his shoulder at City
- 10 Hugill brace ensures superb City beat Bristol
- Let us know your preferred starting line-up by selecting your 11 players above