Norwich City v Preston - press conference headlines
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke delivered a gloomy injury bulletin on Friday afternoon ahead of Preston’s Championship visit.
Tom Trybull (back) and Timm Klose (hip) are both ruled out for the visit of Alex Neil’s Lilywhites.
James Husband (groin) is another unfit for duty, while Farke revealed fresh injury concerns over Marley Watkins and Harrison Reed following the midweek 1-0 defeat at Nottingham Forest.
“Harrison and Marley had some concerns after Nottingham Forest but they joined us during training today,” he said. “Marley had some problems with his hips which has caused problems with his groin – there’s no muscle injury but we have to see if he’s able to sprint tomorrow. He has had some treatment. Harrison got a hit on his feet which caused some pain but he’s a tough guy and I hope he’ll be able to play tomorrow.
“Timm Klose isn’t available. He has a strain on a glute muscle. If everything works well he can return for the Cardiff match next week but we have to wait to see how it develops. We hope Tom is back for Cardiff. For James Husband maybe after the Cardiff game.
You may also want to watch:
“Sometimes in the moment you can get the feeling it never stops. The injuries are not really muscular and that is something you can’t influence, otherwise you would look at the load in training. Nearly all the clubs have to deal with this but at the moment we have to struggle a lot.”
Standing in the way of a first Carrow Road league win in seven is ex-boss Neil and a Preston side fresh from beating Bristol City away in midweek.
- 1 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 2 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 4 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 5 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 6 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 7 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 8 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 9 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
- 10 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion
Farke confirmed neither Russell Martin or Steven Naismith (ankle) will be involved again. The Scottish internationals have been notable absentees from the squad over recent weeks. Martin could be on development duty on Sunday at Carrow Road.
“No injury with Russell,” said Farke. “In the last few games we decided to go with four centre backs and Christoph Zimmermann and Marcel Franke were on the bench. To have three for tomorrow is okay. I am more concerned about the forward areas. Russ is training pretty good and has a lot of load with the under-23s. For tomorrow I don’t plan a big change. Steven has some problems with the ankle. He has stopped his individual work and there are some new meetings with the doctor. No-one can explain really why he still feels this problem in his movement and is unable to return to team training.”
Alex Tettey (calf) will not be available to face his former manager. Matt Jarvis, Jamal Lewis and Louis Thompson remain longer injury absentees.
• Click on the window above to get the headlines from the press conference live.