City defender cuts short loan stint
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City youngster Ciaren Jones has ended his loan spell at Eastbourne Borough and returned to his parent club.
Jones was set for a season long loan stint with the non league club but City's official academy twitter feed announced on Monday afternoon the spell had been ended early.
The centre back is under contract at Carrow Road until 2020 and was a regular at development level last season for the Canaries, making 15 Premier League Two appearances.
The 19-year-old joined City from Luton Town in 2018 after progressing through the same academy system as both Jamal Lewis and Max Aarons.
Borough currently sit 11th in National League South, with four points from their opening three league games.
You may also want to watch:
City have loaned out a number of development players to gain first team experience for the new season. The likes of Josh Coley, Simon Power, Charlie Gilmour and Savvas Mourgos are among a host of young talent looking to impress away from Carrow Road.
- 1 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case
- 2 Six things you might have missed after City suffered late heartbreak to draw with Coventry
- 3 Farke admits injury crisis is 'surreal'
- 4 Former City midfielder heads Down Under
- 5 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 6 Chris Goreham: The school field trip that Zimmermann could do without
- 7 Norwich City Debate Recap: Academy prospects to fill in, loan break clauses and Drmic all discussed
- 8 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage
- 9 'I want to create history' - Farke reveals mission to build a legacy at Norwich City
- 10 Canaries drawn to face Coventry City at Carrow Road in FA Cup third round