City defender cuts short loan stint
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City youngster Ciaren Jones has ended his loan spell at Eastbourne Borough and returned to his parent club.
Jones was set for a season long loan stint with the non league club but City's official academy twitter feed announced on Monday afternoon the spell had been ended early.
The centre back is under contract at Carrow Road until 2020 and was a regular at development level last season for the Canaries, making 15 Premier League Two appearances.
The 19-year-old joined City from Luton Town in 2018 after progressing through the same academy system as both Jamal Lewis and Max Aarons.
Borough currently sit 11th in National League South, with four points from their opening three league games.
You may also want to watch:
City have loaned out a number of development players to gain first team experience for the new season. The likes of Josh Coley, Simon Power, Charlie Gilmour and Savvas Mourgos are among a host of young talent looking to impress away from Carrow Road.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 3 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 4 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 5 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 6 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 7 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 8 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 9 Connor Southwell: Why Emi Buendia must be crowned City's Player of the Season
- 10 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit