City defender cuts short loan stint
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City youngster Ciaren Jones has ended his loan spell at Eastbourne Borough and returned to his parent club.
Jones was set for a season long loan stint with the non league club but City's official academy twitter feed announced on Monday afternoon the spell had been ended early.
The centre back is under contract at Carrow Road until 2020 and was a regular at development level last season for the Canaries, making 15 Premier League Two appearances.
The 19-year-old joined City from Luton Town in 2018 after progressing through the same academy system as both Jamal Lewis and Max Aarons.
Borough currently sit 11th in National League South, with four points from their opening three league games.
You may also want to watch:
City have loaned out a number of development players to gain first team experience for the new season. The likes of Josh Coley, Simon Power, Charlie Gilmour and Savvas Mourgos are among a host of young talent looking to impress away from Carrow Road.
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 2 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 4 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 6 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 7 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 8 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 9 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
- 10 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis