Canaries confirm Germany pre-season trip ahead of Premier League return
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have confirmed they will be heading to Germany again during pre-season.
The Canaries' first team and under-23 squad will be in Germany for a training camp, as they were ahead of the last two seasons, since head coach Daniel Farke has been in charge.
Fixture details are not yet confirmed but City have announced they will fly out on Friday, July 12 and play three friendly games at venues which are yet to be revealed.
It has been confirmed that all games will be played in the North-Rhine Westphalia region though, with the travelling party set to return to England on Saturday, July 20 to continue preparations for the club's return to the Premier League - with the opening weekend being August 9 to 11.
Last year Farke's squad also played three games in Germany, beating Paderborn 3-2, who went on to earn automatic promotion to the Bundesliga, and losing 2-1 to Union Berlin, who have qualified for the Bundesliga II promotion play-off.
City also drew 1-1 with top-flight side Wolfsburg, who went on to finish sixth in the Bundesliga this season.
The U23 squad will play one match in Germany but details of that friendly are yet to be confirmed either.
You may also want to watch:
The North-Rhine Westphalia region is in the west of Germany, including major cities Dusseldorf, Cologne and Dortmund. Last year City were based at a hotel complex north-east of Dortmund.
- 1 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 2 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 3 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 4 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 5 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 6 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 7 Dowell pledge from City boss
- 8 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 9 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 10 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League