Canaries confirm fresh loan spell for Greek midfielder Mourgos
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Norwich City midfielder Savvas Mourgos is heading back to Dutch side Dordrecht for a second loan stint.
The 21-year-old was signed in 2017 following his release from Arsenal and was a regular for City's under-23s during his first season, before his first taste of loan action.
He had been impressing in the Dutch second tier for Dordrecht, scoring three goals in 10 games, but a serious knee injury finished his season in October.
Mourgos now returns to Dordrecht ahead of the new season and is under contract with Norwich until the end of the 2019-20 campaign, with the option for a further year.
That new deal was signed in March despite his injury, with Mourgos saying at the time: "It's been very frustrating this season.
"When I started out on loan at Dordrecht, it was a bit tough getting used to the football over there.
"After a few games, I found myself playing a lot better so I thought I was going to play a lot of games and give myself the experience to get ready to challenge for the first-team.
You may also want to watch:
"I got injured early, I played only ten games and scored three goals. But that's football, you get injuries. Now I'm trying to get back as soon as I can. Hopefully I'm ready for pre-season."
Of his injury, talking to City's official website, he added: "It was tough to deal with but I look back on my time in Holland with pride.
- 1 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 2 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 4 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 5 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 6 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 7 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 8 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party
- 9 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 10 'I rate him. He's a fantastic player' - Farke open to Skipp return
"The Dutch game suited my style. They like to move the ball on the floor."
Dordrecht finished fourth from bottom last season, although 13 points clear of the bottom two, and also had Canaries winger Simon Power on loan for the second half of last season.
City's U23s are due to travel to Holland to face Dordrecht in pre-season on Saturday, August 3, as the links between the two clubs are strengthened.
Mourgos is the eighth Canaries player to head out on loan during the current transfer window, including midfielder Charlie Gilmour, who signed from Arsenal and has now also gone to the Dutch second tier for the season, with SC Telstar.
- NCFC LOAN PLAYERS
League One: Sean Raggett (Portsmouth), Carlton Morris (Rotherham)
League Two: Mason Bloomfield (Crawley)
National League South: Ciaren Jones (Eastbourne)
Scottish Premiership: Simon Power (Ross County)
Scottish Championship: Josh Coley (Dunfermline)
Holland (second tier): Charlie Gilmour (Telstar), Savvas Mourgos (Dordrecht)