Promoted Paderborn await again as Canaries begin to confirm pre-season tour games
- Credit: Focus Images/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City will renew acquaintances with Paderborn, as the Canaries confirmed one of the fixtures of their pre-season tour to Germany.
On Thursday, City announced their first team and under-23 squad will be in Germany for their pre-season training camp, in the North-Rhine Westphalia region of the country.
City will fly out on Friday, July 12 and play three first-team friendlies and one development clash, before returning to England on Saturday, July 20.
And come Friday City announced they will take on newly-promoted Bundesliga side SC Paderborn on Tuesday, July 16 (5pm BST) at the Stadion im Sportzentrum Rabenfittich, in Geseke.
While City were earning promotion back to the Premier League, Paderborn were doing likewise - finishing second in 2. Bundesliga to seal their German top-flight return for the first time in four years.
You may also want to watch:
The sides met in preparation for last season too - goals from Dennis Srbeny and a Teemu Pukki brace turning a 2-0 deficit into victory for Daniel Farke's side.
The North-Rhine Westphalia region is in the west of Germany, including major cities Dusseldorf, Cologne and Dortmund. Last year City were based at a hotel complex north-east of Dortmund.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 3 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 4 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 5 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 6 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 7 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 8 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 9 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
- 10 Dowell the difference at Derby as City close on promotion
The club are yet to reveal any details of their friendlies schedule back home in England either side of their Germany tour.
City's return to the Premier League will begin with the opening weekend from Friday, August 9 - with the campaign's fixtures released on Thursday, June 13 at 9am.
- For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Michael Bailey on the following channels…