Promoted Paderborn await again as Canaries begin to confirm pre-season tour games
- Credit: Focus Images/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City will renew acquaintances with Paderborn, as the Canaries confirmed one of the fixtures of their pre-season tour to Germany.
On Thursday, City announced their first team and under-23 squad will be in Germany for their pre-season training camp, in the North-Rhine Westphalia region of the country.
City will fly out on Friday, July 12 and play three first-team friendlies and one development clash, before returning to England on Saturday, July 20.
And come Friday City announced they will take on newly-promoted Bundesliga side SC Paderborn on Tuesday, July 16 (5pm BST) at the Stadion im Sportzentrum Rabenfittich, in Geseke.
While City were earning promotion back to the Premier League, Paderborn were doing likewise - finishing second in 2. Bundesliga to seal their German top-flight return for the first time in four years.
You may also want to watch:
The sides met in preparation for last season too - goals from Dennis Srbeny and a Teemu Pukki brace turning a 2-0 deficit into victory for Daniel Farke's side.
The North-Rhine Westphalia region is in the west of Germany, including major cities Dusseldorf, Cologne and Dortmund. Last year City were based at a hotel complex north-east of Dortmund.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries beaten by Barnsley in FA Cup
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 3 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 4 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 6 STARTING XIs: Hernandez starts as City make five changes for FA Cup tie
- 7 Energetic Barnsley dump disjointed Norwich side out of the FA Cup
- 8 'Concentrate on the league klaxon' - City fans express disappointment at FA Cup exit
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
The club are yet to reveal any details of their friendlies schedule back home in England either side of their Germany tour.
City's return to the Premier League will begin with the opening weekend from Friday, August 9 - with the campaign's fixtures released on Thursday, June 13 at 9am.
- For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Michael Bailey on the following channels…