PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Dowell undergoes surgery; Idah second positive Covid test
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Limited
Daniel Farke previewed Norwich City’s FA Cup third round tie against Coventry City - and we had all the key lines first from a video chat with the boss at Colney.
Tim Krul has been ruled out after confirming he has tested positive for coronavirus and is now self-isolating, following a mandatory round of testing for Farke's squad earlier this week.
The City boss gave his reaction to that news and confirmed Adam Idah is the second player to test positive for the virus. Neither player will be allowed to re-join training until they return two further negative tests.
Josh Martin is also suffering with flu like symptoms and will not be involved this weekend as a precaution, with the youngster set to be tested again in the coming days.
Norwich were already in the market for a new keeper this month, with back up Michael McGovern ruled out for months with a hamstring injury and Krul himself only returning last weekend from a thigh injury layoff.
Farke confirmed Daniel Barden will start on Saturday for his second cup outing of the season, after making his senior debut against Luton Town in the League Cup. The City chief also revealed McGovern had now undergone surgery on his tendon issue and is expected to be out for 12 to 14 weeks.
Kieran Dowell has also undergone minor surgery to remove a pin from his original ankle operation earlier this season and is expected to be out for 10 to 12 days.
- 1 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 3 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 4 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 5 Farke braced for summer of speculation amid Frankfurt links
- 6 'Bring it on', says Bournemouth boss
- 7 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 8 Former City coach leaves England U21 post
- 9 How Trent and Walker are shaping City star's progression
- 10 City hungry to be record breakers, insists Krul
Lukas Rupp (hamstring) and Marco Stiepermann (ear) will not be involved either this weekend. Rupp is now poised to re-join training next week but Stierpemann is set to see a specialist after another setback in recent days in trying to step up his return to full fitness.
Onel Hernandez (adductor) and Bali Mumba (knee) are in Farke's plans for Coventry, with Mumba pushing for a start.
Sam Byram (hamstring) remains sidelined, while Idah was a week away from stepping up his recovery from a knee problem prior to a positive virus test.
Moritz Leitner and Josip Drmic are not part of the plans.
Farke spoke to the media remotely from Colney.
• Recap the press conference in the window above, with full reaction and build up to City’s FA Cup tie against the Sky Blues throughout the rest of the day on pinkun.com