Canaries create but can't finish
Norwich City Res 0, Peterborough Reserves 0: Missed chances were the story of the night at Carrow Road as a very young City reserve team were held by Posh.
Norwich City Res 0, Peterborough Reserves 0
Missed chances were the story of the night at Carrow Road as a very young City reserve team were held by Posh.
First team injuries and suspensions meant that Peter Grant took almost all of his fit professionals north for tonight's Carling Cup tie at Manchester City.
That left Ricky Martin to work with a side made of entirely of Academy prospects against a Posh side including at least six senior professionals.
You may also want to watch:
Jordan Yong had the best chance of the first half but shot straight at keeper Shwan Jalal before, at the other end, Craig Mackail-Smith blasted over from eight yards for Posh.
Kris Renton twice went close for City in the first half and missed two chances in the dying minutes of a second half which had seen Daniel Blanchett miss a clear opportunity for the visitors.
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 5 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 6 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 7 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 8 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 9 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 10 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success
City Res: Arnold, Matthews, Miller, Lathrope, McLean, Kelly, Daley (Cooper 69), Kelly, Renton, Smith (Stephens 81), Yong. Subs not used: Rudd, Habergham, Adeyemi.