‘It is possibly broken and another long term injury’ - Farke’s fears for City left back
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Jamal Lewis needs medical scans for a suspected broken elbow, revealed Daniel Farke, after Norwich City’s 2-0 Premier League defeat at Crystal Palace.
Lewis was able to finish the game after an awkward second half tumble chasing back with Jordan Ayew in front of the dug outs, but Farke cut a worried figure in his post-match press conference.
Ralf Fahrmann's top flight debut lasted barely 20 minutes, before aggravating his groin problem, while captain Ben Godfrey also suffered a facial injury - but Lewis was the cause for greatest concern.
"You think you reach a turning point and it can't get worst and we then have a sucker punch," he said. "I am even more concerned about Jamal Lewis because he fell on his elbow and needs a scan. It is possible it could be broken and another long term injury. Let's wait for the scan.
"Ben Godfrey got a gash above his eye and there was a lot of blood. He was able to play further on but we hope it is just a cut. They are being assessed by the doctors and of course it didn't help us to gain any points.
You may also want to watch:
"Michael McGovern is so experienced and handled the situation so I was not worried but of course you do not want to have to substitute your keeper after 20 minutes. It was the situation and sums us up.
"We are disappointed we had to return to Norwich without any points. We know we are in a difficult position because of the injuries and also more bad luck in this game. But we don't complain. We wanted points. Small details cost us the game and we are definitely not happy."
- 1 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 2 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 3 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 4 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 5 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 6 Former City boss to leave post at the end of the season
- 7 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 8 City hot-shot out to prove point in Premier League, claims ex-Canary
- 9 'We want to top this season off properly' - Krul's message to fans
- 10 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City