Farke rules out late transfer splurge after spate of City exits
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Ben Marshall is the latest fringe player to leave Norwich City - but Daniel Farke is not clearing the decks for a final transfer window push.
Marshall's contract has been terminated by mutual consent and the attacking wide player is now a free agent, after coming to an agreement with the Canaries to end a Carrow Road deal that still had three years left to run.
The 28-year-old has already been touted with managerless Sheffield Wednesday while Championship rivals Hull City were also linked before his departure was confirmed.
Marshall followed the likes of Nelson Oliveira, Steven Naismith, Yanic Wildschut and Matt Jarvis out of the door this summer. While James Husband's time with the Canaries is effectively at an end, after joining League One side Blackpool on loan for the remainder of his contract prior to the weekend.
But Farke remains happy with City's inward business and the depth to his squad ahead of the transfer window closing on August 8, a day before the Premier League opener against Liverpool.
"The size of the group is good," he said. "We could definitely live with one or two more in the squad but in general I am pleased. A big compliment to Stuart (Webber) for a really good job. With those decisions it was good that very early in the transfer window we were clear in what we wanted to do.
You may also want to watch:
"But we won't fall asleep now. There are still a few days when we could have new signings and there are players who could fit our group.
"But look at the centre back positions, we now have three players fit and Christoph Zimmermann not too far away. That was more or less my biggest concern if I am honest for the last few weeks."
- 1 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 5 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 6 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 7 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 8 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 9 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion
- 10 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
Marshall was the club's first summer signing 12 months ago from Wolves but failed to establish himself in Farke's first team squad.
The 28-year-old made six senior appearances yet opted not to be part of the club's Championship title-winning push in favour of a 16-game loan spell at Millwall, during the latter part of last season.