Klopp is in City’s corner, reckons Farke
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Jurgen Klopp has enough on his plate at Liverpool without Daniel Farke tapping him for advice in Norwich City’s own title quest.
The two coaches are bound by nationality and a shared past, from different eras at Borussia Dortmund, and could end the season as top dogs in England.
City stayed two points clear in the Championship over this weekend but Liverpool must beat Burnley on Sunday lunchtime to move back within a point of Premier League leaders Manchester City.
Klopp revealed his soft spot for the Canaries earlier this season, after working with a number of Farke’s German imports in the past, but the City chief does not have a hotline to Anfield.
“I know Jurgen’s fingers are crossed for us definitely because we have so many players he was involved with,” said Farke. “He has mentioned his first look is nearly always for the Norwich result. That is a great motivation for my players that such a high class coach is recognising what we are doing.
“But in everyday life there is not so much time for long chats or to meet each other. Our life is so busy and there is not so much time to have a coffee together or speak about these things. Of course I am happy for him and my fingers are also crossed for him because he is a top class coach.
You may also want to watch:
“We didn’t work together at Dortmund, we didn’t know each other but I realise what is happening at Liverpool and he is the same at Norwich.”
- 1 City lodge complaint to EFL over match officials conduct during Luton Town defeat
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Luton Town 3 Canaries 1
- 3 Norwich City able to access £8.33m loan after Premier League agree EFL bailout
- 4 Paddy Davitt: City player ratings against Luton Town
- 5 Bullish Farke unhappy at defending and key calls in Luton defeat
- 6 What do the new Brexit rules mean for Norwich City?
- 7 'A perfect storm' - Fans have their say as injuries finally take their toll on Canaries
- 8 Iwan Roberts: I've never seen an injury crisis like Norwich City's before
- 9 Luton 3-1 City: Tired Canaries come up well short
- 10 Skipp calls for City to be smarter after Luton defeat