Farke ‘concerned’ over Ben Godfrey ankle injury after Canaries’ tour opener
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Ben Godfrey needs a scan on an ankle injury suffered in Norwich City’s 2-2 opening tour friendly draw against 10-man Arminia Bielefeld on Sunday.
Godfrey left the stadium in Gutersloh on crutches with his left foot in a protective brace, after a heavy landing in the first half just moments after Louis Thompson had also departed with a hamstring problem.
Head coach Daniel Farke admits he now faces an anxious 24 hours for the results of scans on the young centre back.
Christoph Zimmermann will definitely miss the start of the Premier League season as he recovers from knee surgery, while Timm Klose is yet to take part in team training as he manages a knee issue.
Farke confirmed after his side's hard fought draw the Swiss international is not expected to be in contention until they return to England.
You may also want to watch:
"I am really concerned about Ben Godfrey. He is in a lot of pain. He leaves the stadium on crutches and tomorrow we have a scan," said Farke. "I am bit concerned. Louis Thompson has a hamstring injury. We have to wait how long he will be out.
"Christoph is not available. Also Timm is struggling a bit in his rehab and wasn't involved in team training. If Ben is out for a long period it wouldn't be nice and it would cause some problems to be honest.
- 1 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 2 TEAM NEWS: Rupp injury setback ahead of CIty's trip to Derby
- 3 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 4 Stiepermann opens up about health problems
- 5 Farke misses out on monthly award... Again
- 6 Norwich City transfer rumours: Prolific Greek international in Canaries' sights
- 7 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 8 Farke hopes 'outstanding' City midfielder can shake off injury issues
- 9 Hanley a big fan of new City star
- 10 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
"For Timm I don't think he will be available for Schalke (on Friday) but perhaps the Brentford game.
"In general he is not far away from team training but then he has to work a bit on his conditioning. So we are going to have some problems at centre back for the next two games."
Klose and Zimmermann were joined on the sidelines by Alex Tettey, Mario Vrancic and Todd Cantwell.
"Alex has a small calf injury. We are awaiting the scan. He did it a couple of days ago," said Farke. "Mario doesn't look too bad. Todd should be involved tomorrow. Just a few small problems you get in pre-season with slight strains. The type of contract injury Ben has got is more of a concern.
"We expected a pretty tough test because Bielefeld is a club who will be challenging for the Bundesliga.
"They are close to the start of their season and their head coach was treating this like a league game in their performance and preparation.
"A tough test for our first one but the attitude was right. We didn't just want to get used to a game."