PRESSER LIVE: Arsenal v Norwich City - Cantwell fit. Rupp, Aarons, Idah doubts
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke previewed Norwich City’s Premier League trip to Arsenal - and we had all the key lines first from a video chat with the boss at Colney.
City return to their Premier League quest after a battling FA Cup defeat to Manchester United at Carrow Road.
The Norwich boss provided the latest fitness bulletin on those who featured against the Reds. Todd Cantwell (adductor muscle) and Lukas Rupp (hip) were both forced off in normal time against United. Timm Klose is suspended following his red card, which leaves Farke facing a major selection headache in central defence.
Cantwell is fit for duty but Rupp, along with Max Aarons (calf) and Adam Idah (quad) are now fresh doubts. Moritz Leitner is ruled out with a hernia issue.
“We have a few late decisions,” said Farke. “What I can say is the good news is Todd is available. No problem with him. But Max felt his calf after the game on Saturday and we have a few question marks. We have to make a late decision. I am pretty confident they all will be available but we have another training session and then a last test (Wednesday) tomorrow morning. Then we will see if they are available.
You may also want to watch:
“Moritz is out. He has some on going assessment to do with hernia problems.”
Grant Hanley, Christoph Zimmermann and Sam Byram (hamstring-related injuries) were already sidelined for the season.
- 1 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 3 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 4 Cherries lose more ground on Canaries in promotion race
- 5 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 6 Farke maps out his risk averse strategy on Pukki and Krul
- 7 'Our own Heracles at left-back' - City fans delighted as Giannoulis completes loan move
- 8 Farke is not looking over his shoulder at City
- 9 Norwich City v Bristol City - all you need to know
- 10 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
Farke spoke to the media remotely from Colney.
• Recap the key points in the blog above, with full reaction and build up to City’s behind closed doors Premier League trip to the Emirates throughout the day on pinkun.com