PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Brighton - Zimbo injury boost. Surgery for Leitner
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke previewed Norwich City’s Premier League game against Brighton - and we had all the key lines first from a video chat with the boss at Colney.
Farke did not want to discuss where an error-strewn midweek 4-0 league defeat at Arsenal left the Canaries’ fading survival hopes immediately after the final whistle. But to prolong their interest in the relegation scrap Brighton’s visit to an empty Carrow Road would appear to mark the start of three must-win games over coming days.
The Norwich boss provided the latest fitness bulletin on those who featured against Arsenal. Timm Klose returns from suspension.
Grant Hanley, Christoph Zimmermann and Sam Byram (hamstring-related injuries) were previously ruled out for the season.
But Zimmermann has responded well to injection therapy treatment and is already back in light training. Farke admitted he could now feature before the end of the current campaign if he suffers no setback.
You may also want to watch:
Moritz Leitner is set for surgery in Munich on a hernia problem that will rule him out for the rest of the season.
Farke spoke to the media remotely from Colney.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Huge goals for Hugill as City create daylight at the top
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City
- 3 Farke maps out his risk averse strategy on Pukki and Krul
- 4 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 5 Cherries lose more ground on Canaries in promotion race
- 6 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 7 Hot Hugill caps a season's best display for City boss
- 8 STARTING XIs: Krul returns for Canaries against Bristol City
- 9 Farke is not looking over his shoulder at City
- 10 Norwich City v Bristol City - all you need to know
• Recap the main lines from the press call, with full reaction and build up to City’s behind closed doors Premier League game against Brighton throughout the day on pinkun.com