PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Brighton - Zimbo injury boost. Surgery for Leitner
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke previewed Norwich City’s Premier League game against Brighton - and we had all the key lines first from a video chat with the boss at Colney.
Farke did not want to discuss where an error-strewn midweek 4-0 league defeat at Arsenal left the Canaries’ fading survival hopes immediately after the final whistle. But to prolong their interest in the relegation scrap Brighton’s visit to an empty Carrow Road would appear to mark the start of three must-win games over coming days.
The Norwich boss provided the latest fitness bulletin on those who featured against Arsenal. Timm Klose returns from suspension.
Grant Hanley, Christoph Zimmermann and Sam Byram (hamstring-related injuries) were previously ruled out for the season.
But Zimmermann has responded well to injection therapy treatment and is already back in light training. Farke admitted he could now feature before the end of the current campaign if he suffers no setback.
You may also want to watch:
Moritz Leitner is set for surgery in Munich on a hernia problem that will rule him out for the rest of the season.
Farke spoke to the media remotely from Colney.
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 3 Farke braced for summer of speculation amid Frankfurt links
- 4 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 5 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 6 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 7 'Bring it on', says Bournemouth boss
- 8 City’s big chance to prove there is ‘one team that stands out’
- 9 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 10 How Trent and Walker are shaping City star's progression
• Recap the main lines from the press call, with full reaction and build up to City’s behind closed doors Premier League game against Brighton throughout the day on pinkun.com