PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Burnley - Fit-again Zimbo back in the mix
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke previewed Norwich City’s final Premier League home game against Burnley - and we had all the key lines first from a video chat with the boss at Colney.
Norwich set an unwanted club record of eight consecutive league defeats at Chelsea in midweek. But Burnley arrive on the back of one defeat in 14 in the league and still in the mix for Europa League qualification.
Farke provided the latest fitness update on those who featured at Stamford Bridge.
Christoph Zimmermann returned to full team training on Thursday and could be involved before the end of the current campaign, but Farke suggested a start against the Clarets is unrealistic. But City have no fresh injury doubts.
Fellow defenders Grant Hanley and Sam Byram (hamstring-related injuries) were previously ruled out for the season. Moritz Leitner underwent surgery on a hernia issue this week in Germany.
You may also want to watch:
Farke spoke to the media remotely from Colney.
• Recap the main points, with full reaction and build up to City’s behind closed doors Premier League game against Burnley throughout the day on pinkun.com
- 1 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 2 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 4 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
- 5 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 6 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City
- 7 'We are looking to win the next game' - Barnsley boss on Norwich FA Cup visit
- 8 Hugill thrilled with brace and determined to help keep City on track
- 9 Watch extended highlights of the Canaries' 2-0 win over Bristol City
- 10 'Great header' - Hugill's goal earns seal of approval from Holt