Farke is not looking over his shoulder at City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke is slapping the blinkers on Norwich City in the Championship promotion stakes.
The Canaries bid to respond against Bristol City after three of their main rivals were in action on Tuesday night, with the chasing pack trying to turn up the heat on the leaders.
Reading and Watford both made up ground but Bournemouth slipped up again in a 1-0 defeat at Derby, while Swansea's trip to Blackburn was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.
“Let’s be honest at this stage it is not about looking at what opponents are doing. We are nowhere near to promotion,” said Farke. “You have to win many, many points. If we are too proud of ourselves or watching other results it is not enough.
"We need hard work and we need to keep going. We need many points to finish on a top position. So far, so good, but this is the toughest league in the world.
“We have to expect teams like Swansea, Brentford or Watford to win their games in hand. They have all the chances to cut the distance. It is all about consistency and not being carried away.”
- 1 Why a Premier League gamble makes no sense for Farke
- 2 Onel Hernandez reveals reason he got a Norwich City tattoo
- 3 Former City coach departs Ipswich Town
- 4 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v City - No fresh injuries. Skipp and Pukki will be part of celebrations
- 5 Why Norwich City won't be a soft touch in the Premier League
- 6 'I have to say I had more than one tear in my eye' - choked Farke on City duo's exit
- 7 Norwich City transfer rumours: Cardiff man once again linked
- 8 Rosenborg set for talks with Tettey
- 9 'Perfection' - Dowell on getting back to the big time with Canaries
- 10 When will Norwich City learn their Premier League fixtures?